August 2015 Moms

First day at daycare

My lo is 7 weeks old and today is his first day at daycare and I'm a mess!! I'm a teacher and originally, my best friend was supposed to nanny for me when I went back to work but she was offered a promotion at her job that changed her hours and offered her a raise I couldn't match so it sent us on the search for daycare. I already feel guilty enough about not being home with my little guy and now the thought of him at a daycare is just killing me. How do I know he'll be safe and well taken care of? I mean, I've done my research and know I should be able to trust it but I'm still a nervous wreck wondering if I'm making the right choice.
Any other moms dealing with this or have any advice on how to get past it?

Re: First day at daycare

• I think the first week is the hardest. It's always harder on mom then the baby. However if you are confident in your provider then it should go away and in time you won't be such a mess. If you doubt anything then look into it and listen to your mommy instincts. Feel free to call them and check up, they probably deal with this all the time. Mine starts in a couple weeks at the daycare we have used for her two older brothers for eight years and I'm still a mess! But I know after the first little bit it will be fine.
  • Today is my last day home with DS and I'm a mess. Definitely call to check on him! When DD started this daycare they actually texted a few pictures to me of her painting and it helped tremendously. It's going to be difficult for a week or so. There are some days I still miss being with DD and she's almost two.