Trying to Get Pregnant

Polyps and Conceiving

So I had my first miscarriage a month ago after only one month of trying to get pregnant. I'm 28yrs old. I went in for a followup sonogram today and was told I have many polyps. The sonogram when I miscarried didn't show this, and a previous one I had a while ago for stomach pains also never showed any (also had an internal both times too). I'm reading that this can cause infertility. Now I'm worried that I may never get pregnant, or may keep miscarrying. I know that in reality this may or may not be the case. Has anyone conceived with polyps that they hadn't had removed? I feel like if I hear some successes it may make me feel a little better about this.

Answers

• First of all, sorry for your loss. 

If you're wanting success stories, you're in the wrong place. You should try posting this question on the 1st Tri board. While some ladies here have been pregnant before, many of us have not. Like you, we're just
    trying to conceive. 

This also sounds like something you should talk to your Dr about if you're concerned about it causing infertility. 

Good luck. 

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • JLShark said:
    So I had my first miscarriage a month ago after only one month of trying to get pregnant. I'm 28yrs old. I went in for a followup sonogram today and was told I have many polyps. The sonogram when I miscarried didn't show this, and a previous one I had a while ago for stomach pains also never showed any (also had an internal both times too). I'm reading that this can cause infertility. Now I'm worried that I may never get pregnant, or may keep miscarrying. I know that in reality this may or may not be the case. Has anyone conceived with polyps that they hadn't had removed? I feel like if I hear some successes it may make me feel a little better about this.
    Sorry about your loss. I had a DS before polyps were discovered, but I have no way of knowing if they were there when I got PG.  Since then, I have had them removed twice. In my experience, polyps were not visible on a regular ultrasound and were only seen when I had an HSG and hysteroscopy. 

It can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to conceive so I am not sure why you are worried you may never get pregnant. 

You should talk to your OB about your concerns and possibly having the polyps removed. Good luck. 
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Loading the player...
  • JLShark said:

Did you discuss all this with your doctor?