Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I'm still in shock

At nine weeks and one day in my pregnancy I found out that my baby's heartbeat stopped beating. Last week my OBGYN couldn't confirm the vitalty. She warned me that She was 90% sure that I would miscarry. I just didn't want to believe it. Unfortunately, this time there was no heartbeat. The worst part is that i still feel pregnant. I'm not having any bleeding or cramps. The dr hasnt scheduled anything yet. The fact that I still feel pregant hurts the most because it's making it hard to let go.

Re: I'm still in shock

• Options
    I was 12 baby stopped at 9...mmc. I had a hard time to with the belly bulge. I am now 3 weeks post d&c and was completely back to normal at 2 weeks. Make sure your docw follows your hcg to zero and the symptoms should subside quickly. It is a tough road but makes us stronger.
  • Options
    Thanks. My baby stopped growing at 7 weeks, at first I didn't want to belive it because there was a heartbeat, but the next week the heartbeat stopped. I am finally scheduled for D&C, I opted for that instead of the pills because I'd rather have it done with as fast as possible. How many days did you stay home? I have it scheduled so that I take too days off work and then I'll have the weekend to recover. I hope that's enough time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started spotting the day before I hit 9 weeks and the next day got confirmation the baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing about a week before. I had a D&C last week. I took the follow day off work. I may have taken longer but I actually work from home. I also didn't have general anesthesia so my recovery was pretty quick.

I also have struggled with the emotions of still being bloated and not being able to button my jeans knowing the baby is gone. It's a crappy thing to have to deal with. Hugs and love to all who need them!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I had a blighted ovum. It luckily took me less than a week after the d&c to lose my pregnancy symptoms. I just wanted them to go away and then I missed them so much. I'm finally feeling normal about feeling normal.

Knottie87583764 That sounds like plenty of time to me. I had a d&c on a Friday. I had some cramping that day and took my prescribed hydrocodone. The next day, I had very mild cramping and took ibuprofen only. I was up to my normal activity levels (which are admittedly sedentary) and absolutely fine to go back to my job (teaching college - not too strenuous) on Monday. Unless you have complications, or a physically demanding job, I think the emotions involved may be more a factor than the physical ones.

• Options
    I also did the same at RainMira...I had mine on Friday and so I recovered over the weekend.  I was back to work on Monday.