Ava and Avery — The Bump
Baby Names

Ava and Avery

So as long as I can remember I have LOVED Avery. I was going to name my DD that, but when I saw her I called her Addison instead and loved that too.

My sister had a little girl earlier this year and I begged her not to use the name Avery. So she didn't, she used Ava -_-

Is that too close for me to use Avery? It's one of the few that DH and I really like for a little girl but I just feel it's too close.
a.26
j.27

haylee.mckenzie.addison.brayden.

Re: Ava and Avery

• No. I think it is just fine. You asked her not to use that name so she knew you wanted to and she still used Ava so she must have obviously noticed the similarity. I say go with it!
    alliemac-2
  • Normally I would say to avoid something that close (I just did on the Emery/Emma/Emily post). In this case though, I would say that your sister has said she doesn't think it's too close by using Ava when she knew you planned to use Avery.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    eastdurian
  • Go ahead & use it. They're not sibs!
    alliemac-2
  • I have cousins named Ava and Avery (both girls) who came from 2 separate sets of parents. I'd say you could still use it.
    alliemac-2
  • Yeah I'd still use it. Different names. 
    imageimage

alliemac-2
  • I think it's fine for cousins.  
    alliemac-2
  • thanks y'all!!
    a.26
    j.27

haylee.mckenzie.addison.brayden.

• Not too close at all.  They are two totally separate names.  You should probably use Avery if you begged your sister not to and she actually listened to you!  Geez!

^^Yup!

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
    alliemac-2
  • If I was your sister I would be pissed if you made me not name my kid that and you didn't use that...
    virginiaunicorn11
  • I can't believe your sister changed her name for you! That's devotion. 

Ava and Avery are close, but not too close for cousins.

alliemac-2
  • I would go for it!
    alliemac-2