Trying to Get Pregnant

Spotting During Follicular Phase

Hi. I have searched your group and Google with no luck, so I thought I would try asking... What can cause spotting during the follicular phase? Everything I have found is about spotting in the luteal phase, which I don't have a problem with. I do temp and it usually happens 3-7 days before ovulation, but varies by days and the amount of time it lasts every month. Can this still be considered ovulation spotting, or is there another possible cause?

Re: Spotting During Follicular Phase

• 3-7 days before ovulation seems a bit early for ovulation spotting, from my understanding, it is something that happens when the egg leaves the ovary so having it make it's way down to be seen before that happens seems off.  My guess is it's something hormonal, I used to get spotting when I was on BCPs if I lost more than 5 lbs in a month, which my doctor said was related to funky hormone fluctuations so it's definitely possible that it's just your hormones being weird.  If it keeps happening I would mention it to your gyn at your next visit, no need to go in just for that (IMO, but I'm also not a doctor), but it definitely warrants being mentioned.    
  • It could definitely be ovulation spotting. Ovulation spotting is considered a very good sign of good fertility
  • Loading the player...

• Hi. I have searched your group and Google with no luck, so I thought I would try asking... What can cause spotting during the follicular phase? Everything I have found is about spotting in the luteal phase, which I don't have a problem with. I do temp and it usually happens 3-7 days before ovulation, but varies by days and the amount of time it lasts every month. Can this still be considered ovulation spotting, or is there another possible cause?

quote box fail?

Are you temping to confirm O? Is the spotting right after AF ends? Is it occurring after sex?
  • Hi. I have searched your group and Google with no luck, so I thought I would try asking... What can cause spotting during the follicular phase? Everything I have found is about spotting in the luteal phase, which I don't have a problem with. I do temp and it usually happens 3-7 days before ovulation, but varies by days and the amount of time it lasts every month. Can this still be considered ovulation spotting, or is there another possible cause?

You can spot at any time.
    You can spot for any reason.

Ovulation spotting might happen the day of ovulation (when the follicle bursts-- that can create some bleeding as the egg emerges) or MAYBE the day after. Not usually a couple days before.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Does anyone know if spotting during the follicular phase could cause trouble ttc? Or should all be well since I am actually ovulating and have a normal luteal phase?

If it's just spotting-- you should be fine. Full on bleeding is a different story.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers