May 2016 Moms

Brown bleeding at 6.5 weeks

Im 6.5 weeks and ive had slight brown like discharge almost. Not alot. I have no cramping with it. Im worried. I had it once two days ago and this is the second day i have seen it. It comes and goes randomly. Anyone else have bleeding like that?

Re: Brown bleeding at 6.5 weeks

• Same boat but I had my first prenatal exam last Wednesday so I'm pretty sure it's just from the pelvic exam she did.
  • I havent had anything done down there or had sex so its just odd to me! Im going to call tomorrow and see if i can get an appointment.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had some light brown spotting at 5w. Per my OB as long as it's not gushing blood you should be good.
  • Hiya! I've had brown bleeding this pregnantcy too. My obgyn said its 100% normal for 5-8 weeks when things are getting settled. Brown bleeding is just old blood from previous periods etc. absolutely nothing to worry about ! It is very disconcerting though!
  • Thank you guys so much. I called today and i still am going to get Rhogam shot because i have negative blood type. Just in case. But all of your answers have helped ease worries.
  • @jsims09 I had a big gush of blood last week (6 weeks)... It was the scariest thing ever! We rushed to the hospital and after an u/s they were able to confirm that we had a heartbeat and baby seemed to be doing good. They diagnose me with a Subchorionic Hematoma which is quite common according to the dr. an u/s tech. I was told to take it very easy and to not do any heavy lifting (nothing over 10lbs) until the hematoma clears up. I am no dr. but I would suggest maybe taking it easy for a bit. All the best to you!
  • Sounds like just what I had around 7 weeks. My midwife thought it could be from intercourse and nothing to worry about (and no reason to abstain). It did get me a sonogram at my appointment just to be sure! Gosh I loved seeing that baby (actually babies - found two!). Hang in there-