May 2016 Moms

First time mommas!

Hi I'm 26 and engaged. We was trying for over a year to get pregnant. I am 7w5d! May 21st is Our due date. So far I haven't had any symptoms of sickness. Breasts Hurt immensely! And fatigued most the time! What's your story first time mommas?

Re: First time mommas!

• @autie5cp - I feel like you just described my life!!! Except, I'm 25 and married and live in Alabama! My due date is May 26 --- but everything else you said is the exact same for me! Also, wanted to let you know that there is a cheat sheet for the acronyms! Follow this link: https://www.thebump.com/community-glossary
  • Loading the player...
  • So, I'm not a first time mom but I am a first time pregnant mom...first child was adopted so this is all new to me! Nausea but not sever, exhaustion is very sever and well I already have large boobs to begin with especially to size of body but they decided to grow immediatly! Already bought a maternity bra for around the home for the extra support. Nipples super sensitive and sex drive actually nice and high!!!!
  • I'm 29 and married almost 4 years, and 9w3d today. We planned to wait 2 years to get finances settled then an extra 6 months since there was a really important family event that I would have to miss if I was pregnant. Since then, we've had a miscarriage and some worry fraught waiting for the positive test. I would have rather had children sooner than this, but I am just praying everything goes well. I would love a large family, and I was starting to worry that would not be a possibility.

My husband is thrilled, of course, along with the usual worries regarding my health, the baby's health, and finances. This will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family, which is pretty exciting, although the miscarriage after announcing last time (making this the second announcement) makes this feel a little less special. We told his parents over the phone since they are out of state and we don't have plans to see them until the holidays, and we'll tell mine in person this weekend when we celebrate my husbands birthday.
  • autie5cp , did you write this for me?

I am also in NYC

I also have my US on 10/12

I also have EDD of 5/12

I also am terrified of a MC. Terrified DR is going to tell me baby stopped growing during my US

cat fail animated GIF

• Yup first timer here, I'm 29 yo & we were waiting for my hubby to finish school (he's due in May too -lol) and my EDD is 5-25, I'm suffering from pretty much all the first trimester symptoms and counting down the weeks left in it. Otherwise we are super excited about the pregnancy!!! Have similar concerns as @ cassandramariec regarding wanting a large family and starting later and I'm finding it challenging to work full time and manage my pregnancy symptoms, but this can't last forever and there's so much to look forward to! :x
  • First timer here at 33. Married on May to a wonderful man who like me, was married to the wrong person before. Thankfully my ex and I never seemed to be able to have a baby which made me believe I couldn't get pregnant. Three months of trying and boom!

The best part is with us being due in may my husband will have his mom's bday, mothers day, my bday, our anniversary, and now a baby all in one month. Poor guy :)
  • @Astraphobic I'm in a similar boat with birthdays. Not all in the same month but within a couple of weeks of each other. My mom, dad, sister, and husband all have birthdays within a few days of each other in mid-April, baby is due May 6, and my birthday is May 16, which is cool because the baby's birth month/year is 5/16! :) I think that is way cool. Watch the baby will be born in April! 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • First time mommy as well I'm 22, we were already engaged and are getting married October 24th! First baby for both of us and due date is may 13th. I'm from oklahoma and he's from Virginia which is where we are living now! Had our first ultrasound last Wednesday and got to see the heart beat and my little gummy bear, Which was so amazing I cried, however I'm still so worried something could go wrong.. hopefully after I'm out of the first trimester that will pass a little bit .. I hope.
    I have super sensitive boobs and they've already gone up 2 sizes! :0 luckily I'm only a little nauseous after I first wake up however I'm always so tired! :(
  • 33 years old, first time pregnant...doc said it was going to be hard because of endomitriosis but my fiance didn't have too hard a time, it seems. This little one was unexpected, but will be deeply deeply loved.

I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm nauseated. I'm sore boobed. Been pretty miserable, made even worse by the fact that I'm a fitness professional and have to move for a living. I've had to take time off teaching, which is stressful, but luckily I'm with a man who is infinitely supportive. In his words, "everything is going to work out just fine."
  • Another 1st timer... We're 8.5 years apart to the day - 28 and 36. This week has been pretty decent. Eating small amounts every so often helps with morning sickness a lot. That didn't happen last Saturday so it was a disaster. Estimated due date is May 12th.

We have a lot to do before then. The master bedroom/bathroom/closet part of the house still needs to be renovated, for one. There isn't much that needs to happen to the nursery besides moving a desk and chair out of there. We also need to finish dealing with getting another car ready since one of us drives a 2 seat convertible.
  • Hi there! I'm a first timer as well, 34 y.o. and approx. 7w5d, EDD 5/25/16.  Tried over a year to get pregnant! First US scheduled 10/15.  Have been having on and off morning sickness the past couple of weeks and am overall just low on energy.  Just moved into a new house which was exhausting on top of working full time.  Hoping to get some energy back in the new few weeks so I can restart my exercise/yoga routine!
  • I'm also a FTM. I'm also considered AMA. The reason I'm pg for the first time with my first at the age of 38 is that for the longest time I just didn't want children. I'm still nervous about how this is going to change a lifestyle that I really enjoy. MH has wanted children and we spent a good 18 months talking honestly about having kids and what it would mean. We decided we could be happy either way in the right situation. I think I can be happy without kids, but I think I can also be happy with kids. That happiness, however, does not come automatically. If I'm going to be happy with kids, I need his support--both emotional and labor-wise. He has GOT to scale it back at work and come home early and deal with the, oh, let's call it "less than ideal" part of parenting. I think a lot of that falls on women's shoulders and we are committed to making sure that we both carry the labor load, so to speak. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Hello! First time mommy here! I'm 22 and I've been married for 3 years, TTC for 2. My husband and I just bought a house and moved in September 13 so I didn't chart all through September so I had no idea where my body was at. I had very irregular cycles and often wasn't ovulating before, and would sometimes experience some pregnancy symptoms even though I wasn't, so I didn't think much of my period being "late" or the "symptoms" I was experiencing. After a few weeks, though, I decided to take a test. Just found out I'm pregnant 2 days ago and I am so stoked! According to my last period, I think my due date will be around 5/28, butas I said my cycles were so irregular before that I have no idea when this happened! Hungry all the time, mildly nauseous most of the time, boobs kill when I bump them, had some cramping over the last 2 weeks but none recently. What worries me is the sharp pains I've had on occasion. Wanting to get in to my midwife so badly but they're closed today because of the holiday. Oh well, I'm sure it's fine as I haven't had any bleeding. Probably just muscles stretching out and such. I can't wait to tell my family and friends, but I want to make sure everything is looking good first.

Congrats to all you other new moms!
  • bookelf221bookelf221 member
    edited October 2015
    aeandnmp said:
    Hello! First time mommy here! I'm 22 and I've been married for 3 years, TTC for 2. My husband and I just bought a house and moved in September 13 so I didn't chart all through September so I had no idea where my body was at. I had very irregular cycles and often wasn't ovulating before, and would sometimes experience some pregnancy symptoms even though I wasn't, so I didn't think much of my period being "late" or the "symptoms" I was experiencing. After a few weeks, though, I decided to take a test. Just found out I'm pregnant 2 days ago and I am so stoked! According to my last period, I think my due date will be around 5/28, butas I said my cycles were so irregular before that I have no idea when this happened! Hungry all the time, mildly nauseous most of the time, boobs kill when I bump them, had some cramping over the last 2 weeks but none recently. What worries me is the sharp pains I've had on occasion. Wanting to get in to my midwife so badly but they're closed today because of the holiday. Oh well, I'm sure it's fine as I haven't had any bleeding. Probably just muscles stretching out and such. I can't wait to tell my family and friends, but I want to make sure everything is looking good first.

Congrats to all you other new moms!
    aeandnmp I had the sharp pains too! My OB said they were most likely caused by a cyst left over from ovulation that is draining and going away. She assured me it was fine and completely normal. Definitely mention it to your dr but try not to stress about it. 
  • First time mom!  33, living in Indiana, married almost 2 years, two adorable cats. 

I'm on the academic job market, so DH and I decided to start trying for baby in August (thinking it'd take a few months) so I wouldn't be visibly pregnant during interview season and so my due date wouldn't conflict with my current teaching duties, but neither of us actually thought we'd get pregnant so soon! It looks like I'm going to have to buy new interview suits after all and figure out a way to teach my classes from my hospital bed: I'm due May 7:)

I'm tired, so tired, and it's messing with my work and my share of the chores. But thank goodness that's my only symptom, aside from some cramping and frequent bathroom trips.

My sister already has two kids, and my parents are superb grandparents--affectionate and generous and helpful but not overbearing. I love my parents and wish we lived closer: they live in NY. My husband's family lives here in Indiana, and there are a thousand of them.  His parents still have kids at home (he's the oldest of six and is a few years younger than I am), so I imagine they're not going to go baby-nuts, and there are I think three other cousins that are also pregnant right now (and four with infants), so the whole huge family cannot just hound one of us:)  But! I thank my lucky stars every day that both of our families are supportive and *sane*!

I've always wanted a large family--three kids at least.  But the imaginary family's a whole different thing from the real one: when I was in sixth grade and imagining what I was going to name my 12 children (we'd just read Cheaper by the Dozen!) I don't think I actually considered what it would mean to be pregnant even once! So--excited to see how this one goes:)
  • Hello ladies! First time momma. I'm 19 years old and engaged. I will be marrying the love of my life on October 22 and I couldn't be happier! My fiancé is 21 and we are so excited to begin our lives together. According to a ton of websites and apps, my EDD is May 21 so I am currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My first doctors appointment is Monday, October 19 and I'm so stoked but very nervous. I currently nanny full time for 3 kids (2, 4, and 5) and I love it, although they're quite the handful. I have yet to get morning sickness thank god (knock on wood) but my boobs are very sore and I'm so exhausted.

My fiancé and I are wanting to move into our own house within the next year or so but I have no idea where to being so if any of you have any tips please share!!

Btw congratulations to all you mommas!! :)
  • beenabeebeenabee member
    edited October 2015
    oops, didn't mean to post a second comment!
  • First time mommy as well I'm 22, we were already engaged and are getting married October 24th! First baby for both of us and due date is may 13th. I'm from oklahoma and he's from Virginia which is where we are living now! Had our first ultrasound last Wednesday and got to see the heart beat and my little gummy bear, Which was so amazing I cried, however I'm still so worried something could go wrong.. hopefully after I'm out of the first trimester that will pass a little bit .. I hope. I have super sensitive boobs and they've already gone up 2 sizes! :0 luckily I'm only a little nauseous after I first wake up however I'm always so tired! :(
    jewels1020 First time momma here as well and getting married October 22nd! Congrats to you both!!
  • @BrunetteBabe722 thank you so much congratulations on your wedding and bundle of joy as well!!! :) ah the big day is so close! Feel free to private message me whenever!!
  • I totally agree about all the abbreviations! Half the time I have no idea what people are talking about.
  • I'm 34 and my husband and I have been married for 12 years. This is our first child. I think I will be due at the end of May. I'm currently 7 weeks along.

So far I haven't had any morning sickness, which is great. My boobs are super sore and have grown a cup size. I'm not showing at all yet. Though I am retaining water. I'm very tired and have had to go to bed an hour earlier do that I can function. The worrisome part of this pregnancy is he fact that I have Crohn's disease. Because if this and previous surgeries I will most likely have a C-section. Which is a bit scary. I see the doctor tomorrow. I'm very excited.
  • pregoman said:
    I totally agree about all the abbreviations! Half the time I have no idea what people are talking about.
    Most abbreviations used here already mean something else to me so it gets doubly confusing sometimes!
  • I'm 31 and married. Hubby and I needed a little help getting prego so I went to a fertility doctor who is just great! 
    Found out I had a cyst on my ovary, so we got rid of that first, then I was put on Femara to stimulate my ovaries...few days later, I was using ovulation kit predictors, and a few weeks later, BOOM...big fat positive! Actually, more like 3 big fat positives :D

I thought I was 7w2d according to my apps, but according to my ultrasound today, I'm 6w2d.

First thing I felt were cramps, then insane pain and soreness with my boobs, which I still have...and I'm so exhausted I can barely think straight lol. I literally fell asleep at my desk the week I found out I was pregnant...

Congrats to you momma! ;)
  • Hi everyone! 

I am 29, so is my SO, and we'll both be 30 + a month or so, when Baby (currently called, "The Raspberry" on account of how big it is) is born in May. First for both of us. We've been together since Highschool (nearly 12 years), and got married almost two years ago. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, and due to the small chance of getting pregnant, irregular periods and general want to try it out sentimentality - we stopped all forms of birth control last January. Because I got irregular periods I bought a tonne of pregnancy tests and would take one every month, just to make sure I wasn't pregnant (since I was not entirely sure if I would have other symptoms). In August, while on a visit back home (we're from Canada), I got massive cramps and really, really sore boobs. I thought, it must be my very irregular and troublesome period and took a p-test on Sept 1 just in case. It was negative. So I shrugged it off (with frustration and sadness) and kept going.

Oct 1 - BFP. Heh. Was not convinced. Took several more p-tests over the next few days and scheduled an appt with my doctor where they did another p-test and gave me a flu shot and sent me to an OB/GYN. I was still not convinced (re. PCOS, hard to get pregnant, hadn't even been a year). OB/GYN took an ultrasound - and BAM! There's baby! And more! Baby's heartbeat! Boom, it's real. Also, that BFN in September must have been wrong, because I am currently 8w5days pregnant! 

I have crazy nausea (the prenatal vitamins, carbs and fruit juice seem to be helping), sore boobies, am almost always in some form of exhaustion (and I was a person who hated napping) and because we're currently suffering through a never-ending heat wave in Southern California, it feels like all of these things are that much worse. But still - if I am sick, sore and tired, it means The Raspberry is alright, so I'll take it! 

Super excited and terrified to be here and learn all the acronyms and share with everyone! Congratulations ladies and a happy/healthy/quick 9 months! :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!

I am about to turn 29 years old later this month, my hubby is 31 years old and we have been married since July 2014. However, we have been together over nine years. This is our first and we are so excited! I'm currently 11 weeks today! My EDD is May 3rd! I have had just about every symptom in the book. My nausea is over the top ridiculous. It's just a constant battle, which makes me wonder how on earth I will survive the rest of this pregnancy. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but sometimes it takes so much energy just to try and function. Today, we had an ultrasound and got a chance to see our little one wiggly their arms and legs. It was AMAZING! I'm still nauseous as heck, but none of that bothers me at this moment because that ultrasound reminds me why I'm more than happy to be sick as a dog and to be honest.... I don't mind as much anymore :)  Can't wait until May 2016!!!
  • @vinerie a lot of what you wrote I can empathize with.

I am 37 and this is my first. I was unsure about having kids but figured that since the women in my family are having kids well into their 40s, I had a loooong time to make up my mind. I always thought I'd probably do it, but that I would put it off as long as I could.

Earlier this year I had some issues with cycle irregularity which made me suddenly a bit scared as 'peri-menopause' was thrown around as one possible explanation. That's not what it was (minor hormonal imbalance which three months on the pill corrected) but it did get me thinking about what I wanted and lit a fire under my butt to make a decision.

I am very excited but it's also incredibly surreal to me. I wasn't someone who spent my whole life dreaming of motherhood. I don't know the first thing about babies and am also a bit unsure about the impact it will have on my life, particularly my career. I work for a family friendly employer but the industry I work in is rapidly evolving and you have to stay on top of your game.

I am a huge worry wart. Having been independent for so long, I am struggling with the 'wait and see' approach to pregnancy with regards to complications. I am terrified something will go wrong.