Baby Names

Girls name, opinions

Hi there,
We are expecting DD #2, we have narrowed the names down to 3 options, would love to hear you ladies opinions:
Molly
Stassi
Rayna

Last name is Stevenson and our DD#1 name is Nalaya.
Thank you in advance.

Re: Girls name, opinions

• I listed the names in order how I like them

1. Rayna
    2. Stassi- are you pronouncing it like Stacy or Sta-see? If you went with this name, I would use Stassi as a nn if you are pronouncing it like Sta-see. Make it short for Anastasia or Nastassia 
    3. Molly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Molly is cute for a little girl but i  dont like the way it ages

I like rayna but not this spelling

stassi is a nn
  • Loading the player...
  • stassi Stevenson is a bit of a mouthful. Is it pronounced Sta-see?

I think Molly is adorable, but one of those names that doesn't always age well. It sounds juvenile to me.

I think Rayna is pretty an unexpected, I like it the best.
  • I think Rayna goes best with Nalaya. Love Molly but it doesn't really match Nalaya. Anastasia as someone suggested would go well as a sib though.
  • I know a Raina which is pretty but I'm not sure if that's even a correct spelling either. Stassi is a total no in my opinion.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Molly>Raina>Stassi.  Stassi is awful.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Raina

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Rayna goes the best with your DD's name.

Molly seems too ordinary compared to your DD's name.

I'm not sure I like Stassi. Maybe it depends on how it's pronounced.
  • Stassi reminds me of Stasi (the East German government agency that was best known for killing and oppressing it's citizens).

• edited October 2015
    Its not something I ever considered before I started reading these boards, but i feel as though you may have an issue with ''ass'' being in Stassi when it comes to kids wanting to make up cruel nick names. Again i am not sure how you are going to say it but if you were going with a Stacy sound maybe just spelling it that way would solve any potentially pronunciation issues as well. If you are super into that I do think going with Anastassia is an awesome alternative as well.

All that being said, My first choice of your list would be Molly.
  • Rayna! So cute and goes best with your other daughter!
  • Raina
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like Molly. I have 2 aunts and an aunt-in-law with that name, so I think it ages fine. Not the most formal name but I like it more than the others choices
  • Not a big fan of Stassi. Anyone else think Vanderpump Rules?

I like Molly. It's too cutesy for my personal taste but it's a good name.

Rayna is nice and sounds the best with your first daughters name. It's not my favorite spelling of the name (I like Reina) but it's my top choice from your list.
  • Yes vanderpump rules! I don't actually watch it though. I like Molly the best but it doesn't exactly go with nalaya. Is rayna too close to dd 1?