October 2015 Moms
Options

70 percent effaced, 1 cm dilated this is taking forever

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days. And curious as to how the heck I can speed up dilation. (If it doesn't happen on its own) And how quickly do you usually dilate after being mostly effaced? Anyone have any ideas?

Re: 70 percent effaced, 1 cm dilated this is taking forever

• Options
    Im 38 weeks and 5 days. I think it all just depends on when the little one wants to come out :( I've been 1cm, 95% effaced and with his head "deeply engaged" for almost 2 weeks.
  • Options
    with DS 36 weeks-1.5cm 80%, 37 weeks-2cm 80%, 38weeks- they stretch me to a 3 and i think 85%, so it might not happen fast, but even with all that i only had a 5 hour labor from first sign to baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At my 36 week OB appt I was 3cm and 70% effaced. I'm excited to see what I am at my appt tomorrow!
  • Options
    With my son, I was only 1 cm dilated after nearly 2 days of active labor at 39 weeks, and this pregnancy, I'm at 3 cm at 40 weeks, 70% effaced, -2 station.  It's so different person to person, pregnancy to pregnancy.  I think the most effective way to get through til the end is patience and acceptance that your body will make it all happen, on its own time.  Having said that - Ugh.  I'm ready now!