1st Trimester

Acne in first trimester

I have got acne over my face, back and tummy. Should i use any medicine or wait for sometime as its due to change in harmones.

Re: Acne in first trimester

• My OB recommended not using acne creams/medicines, especially during first tri.  Welcome to your first tri--the pregnancy glow is actually sweat and acne.  Mine cleared up a lot once I hit 2nd tri.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• nlwz123 said:

My OB recommended not using acne creams/medicines, especially during first tri.  Welcome to your first tri--the pregnancy glow is actually sweat and acne.  Mine cleared up a lot once I hit 2nd tri.

This. It'll get better eventually. Just another glorious effect from the pregnancy hormones.
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought it was just me lol! I'm only 4 weeks but my skin is gross right now.
  • yeah, a lot of women experience breakouts due to the crazy hormonal changes going on. if it's bad enough &/or doesn't go away, you can talk to your OB about options.
    i just stuck to my usual routine & my face cleared up once i hit 2nd tri. my chest has since broken out a bit tho :/ gotta love it, lolol.
  • I'm in the same boat. Starting week 6 my face broke out and I've been battling it since (week 11 now) I started using Arbonne products and it seems to have settled a little. I'm really hoping it all clears up come 2nd trimester tho. Hoping it does for you too!