1st Trimester
Options

First doctor visit

Hello, I am currently six weeks along and I have a question about doctor visits. I went to my doctors office and had lab work done but didn't see anyone and never heard anything back. My next appointment is November 9th and I'll be eleven weeks at that time. That seems really late to me seeing as that will be the first time I'm even meeting my doctor. Is this normal?

Re: First doctor visit

• Options
    Hello, I am currently six weeks along and I have a question about doctor visits. I went to my doctors office and had lab work done but didn't see anyone and never heard anything back. My next appointment is November 9th and I'll be eleven weeks at that time. That seems really late to me seeing as that will be the first time I'm even meeting my doctor. Is this normal?

An appointment at 8 weeks is more typical but it's not unheard of to see the OB a bit later. If you have a history of loss or have underlying health concerns then you should be seen sooner rather than later. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    All of this sounds pretty normal. As far as your blood work goes, they normally don't share results with you until your next appt, unless there was something abnormal. So if you haven't heard anything, that's a good sign.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my first appointment is at 10 weeks.  first pregnancy and nothing known at this time that would make me high risk.  i haven't even gone in for any bloodwork, just had positive HPT's and a missed period.
    Me: 29
    The Mr.: 31
    EDD: 6/2/16
    Furbabies: 3 rescue dogs
  • Options
    Hi! First congrats on your pregnancy!!
    Second, it's definitely not abnormal for you to be seen later on in your pregnancy. I'm 10w1d today and my first appt is tomorrow for ultrasound. There is really no point for any type of ultrasound or miscellaneous prenatal appointments right now, unless you are high risk. My first prenatal appt when I was 6 weeks was just lab work: urine sample and blood vials. Depending on your healthcare provider you can see your test results online. For example I go to Kaiser, and I log onto Kp.org to see any/all test results. The only time you'll probably hear back about results is when something is cause for concern. So no need to worry and try to enjoy your pregnancy (I say try because 6 weeks is typically when you start to experience the not so fun symptoms of pregnancy yay!)