November 2015 Moms
Options

Wedding Ring "Placeholder"?

Hi ladies! This week is the first week that I'm having trouble wearing my wedding ring set. It was so stuck today that I had to use belly oil to get it off my finger after work (dual purpose!). Have any of you found any reasonably priced (under $50) rings to wear in place of your regular set? If so can you send me your suggestions? I hate not wearing my ring so I will need to get something to wear for the next 6 weeks. Thank you!

Re: Wedding Ring "Placeholder"?

• Options
    berricle.com :) that's where I got mine!!!
  • Options
    I have a cheap $15 set from Amazon, though I've seen some pretty decent looking cheap sets at Walmart. My real set was always a little on the tight side, and I'm so paranoid about having rings get stuck, so I honestly haven't worn it since like 18 weeks or something pretty early haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aunt bought one from Walmart while hers was being cleaned, and decided to keep it on instead of the real thing!
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options
    Love it!! It looks very real!
  • Options

Am I a bad wife bc the thought of getting a fake ring hasn't crossed my mind? Like not ever once. I'm content just bare.

Not a bad wife at all! :) I just don't like the feeling of not wearing mine. I panic when I see it's not there every single time!
  • Options
    gvgauthi said:

berricle.com :) that's where I got mine!!!

The rings on this site are beautiful! I've never heard of it before, thank you!!
  • Options
    I just took mine off too. They were getting a little tight when I would get warm, so I didn't want to chance it anymore. It is weird to not wear them! If I didn't have a ring tattoo, I would probably have grabbed something CZ from target or Macy's.
  • Options
    I found one on clearance on Avon.com for $15. I can't remember why I was even on that site as I don't usually shop there but I was glad I found it that day! It's just a pear cut solitaire, cz obviously.
    YCSWU 

• Options
    kmkrushi said:

Slightly off topic but if anyone has issues getting their rings off try Windex. It will tighten the skin around and wet it so it makes it easier to slide off. It's an old jewelers trick.

My rings got stuck around 20 weeks and was cutting off my circulation. I thought I had tried everything. Finally hubby looked it up and suggested Windex, though I didn't believe it would make a difference. Worked immediately!
  • Options

Am I a bad wife bc the thought of getting a fake ring hasn't crossed my mind? Like not ever once. I'm content just bare.

I'm don't like not wearing my rings, but I never thought of getting a placeholder either. They are so so special to me, I don't think it would be the same.
  • Options
    I wear one bc if I don't, I have a minor panic attack every time I realize I don't have my ring on! I just wear another, larger to ring that I already owned. It looks nothing like a wedding band, but I'm wearing it for me, not anyone else.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Overstock.com. They have beautiful sets and bands
  • Options
    I wear my ring as a necklace for now. It's weird not wearing it but at least I still have it with me (:
  • Options

The only reason I wanted something to wear instead of my rings since they don't fit is because I live in the DEEP south... Walking around pregnant without a wedding band is definitely a no-no. I have gotten comments like "oh sweetie I hope you have family in town to help" or "are you good friends with some people at church? You poor thing..." I can't take another comment so I got a cheap replacement for the time being and the stares and comments stopped finally.
  • Options
    gvgauthigvgauthi member
    edited October 2015

The only reason I wanted something to wear instead of my rings since they don't fit is because I live in the DEEP south... Walking around pregnant without a wedding band is definitely a no-no. I have gotten comments like "oh sweetie I hope you have family in town to help" or "are you good friends with some people at church? You poor thing..." I can't take another comment so I got a cheap replacement for the time being and the stares and comments stopped finally.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!!
  • Options
    gvgauthi said:

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!!
    It's similar here in northern Minnesota! Very conservative community :) Sorry you've had to deal with those comments! It's so common for wedding rings not to fit during pregnancy that you would think more people would be aware of it!
  • Options
    I got just a simple silver band to wear on Amazon for $7!
  • Options
    My husband bought me my newest wedding set when I was newly pregnant back in March so I decided to not get them sized down. Instead I have a little spacer that goes at the bottom and once I get really swollen I can remove that and they will still fit. Because I never take my rings off, if I absolutely needed to take them off I'd be doing the same thing and getting something temporary.
  • Options
    I got a simple band on etsy that i'd like to wear on another finger after pregnancy!
  • Options
    I just threw my ring on a necklace. Picture because I'm bump obsessed
  • Options
    Got super paranoid when I stopped wearing mine.
  • Options
    Some days mine fit, others not so well. I have worn my rings around my neck, but if I am having a day where I want the feel of the rings, I have one that I wore on my middle finger a few years ago and is meaningful as well.
  • Options
    gvgauthi said:

I live in South Florida, usually pretty liberal but I've gotten those looks too. Prior to pregnancy I'd mostly wear my rings but I'd forget pretty frequently without a second though. Now if Im walking out without them, I'll double back for them...the looks and questions annoy the hell out of me .
  • Options
    Not exactly super pretty, but Qalo is a $16 ring designed for active wear. My husband wears one in place of his wedding ring when he does field training stuff with the army. It's somewhat stretchy (you can turn it inside out), so I imagine it wouldn't get stuck!

https://qalo.com/collections/all/womens+rings?gclid=CLzayuOspcgCFdgLgQoduEIF9Q
  • Options
    I got a set from Target for like $15 ..a bunch of different styles to choose from and no one can tell the difference
  • Options
    I haven't worn my rings in over a month now bc of swelling. I never even thought about buying a replacement ring. You could always put your rings on a necklace.
  • Options
    I bought one at charming Charlie that said it was sterling silver. Well, my finger turned green and the ring is now more of a copper color. Lovely. But I'm still wearing it because I hated not having something on my finger. Felt too bare.
  • Options
    I stopped wearing mine this summer. Didn't really bother me. I looked at some fake ones at Belks but didn't see one I really liked. I did find a pearl ring I forgot I had a few weeks ago that still fits pretty good so I wear that when we go out or go to church. I miss my wedding rings though. I just hope they fit after pregnancy!
  • Options
    My hubby bought me a new ring to wear :) it was $2000 at Zales
  • Options
    Luckily mine still fits but i know you can get simple bands at pawn shops or places that buy gold/silver. Usually they are reasonably priced.
  • Options
    I'm on team rings-on-a-necklace. I didn't love the idea of wearing placeholder rings... but I was worried I would feel too naked not having something on my finger! Now I just feel weird if I don't have the necklace on, it only took a few days to get used to. It still makes me sad though... looking forward to having my normal fingers back! I only started swelling around 31 weeks or so (34w4d now). Off topic: My bigger issue with swelling now is not having any shoes except flip flops that are comfortable. I'm in northeastern Ontario, Canada... flip flops in November is definitely not practical!
  • Options
    I don't need a ring. After mine got too snug I just took it off and put it up. If I got panicky without one on my finger I might but meh, I'm in the deep south, bring on the dirty looks.
  • Options
    I haven't worn mine for a month or so. Nobody has said one word to me. Maybe I just look mean, of course I have my toddler with me always too so I probably have the "I dare ya to say a word" look going on too.
  • Options
    I didn't wear one. Once my rings came off, my swollen hands were staying ring-free until after DS was born!

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.