1st Trimester

Horrible awful headache ?

I am 9 wks today and on day two of one of the worst headaches. It's hard to function and the pain is constant. Tried Tylenol, but it's not working and have major sinus congestion.

Anyone else dealing with this?
Thinking its hormone overload headache and its bad.

Re: Horrible awful headache ?

• Yes, when I hit week 9, sinus congestion happened and massive headaches started. Not much any kind of meds can do for you. I usually have a cold compress to my head, snacks, and lots and lots of water. If you're able to, just try to sleep it off. Luckily my headaches seem to come at night time when I can just knockout anyway. Good luck!
  • You can also try caffeine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • katieoleary24katieoleary24 member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the response! How long did the headaches last or have they continued the whole pregnancy? Hoping for something to look forward to...
  • edited October 2015
    Look into neti pots. They sound very strange if you've never used one but you get used to it quickly. They're REALLY effective if you have a lot of nasal and sinus congestion causing your headaches. And they're 100% safe in pregnancy (you're just pouring salt water in your nose).

ETF typo/grammar
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Thanks for sharing @katieoleary24 I'm in my 9th week too and started having terrible headaches, neck pain and sinus congestion. Yikes! I'll have to try these suggestions and keep hoping that second trimester is better. I hope you - and everyone else with similar issues - feel better soon
  • mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited October 2015
    Right now, I'm getting migraines around every week. I'm hoping they don't last the entire pregnancy. If it continues, talk to your doctor. Other than that, put ice packs on your neck and forehead, take Tylenol (if you want), drink a Coke, and try putting your feet in hot water while having an ice pack on y our neck. And sleep!! 

eta: I finally had to tell my boss I'm pregnant (6 weeks before I wanted to) because I've been having migraines so frequently that I didn't want her to think I was skipping work. So I know the struggle!