Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday

2»

Re: WTO Friday

• Month/cycle: 8/5

CD: 11

what are you doing to get KU?: OPK, Temping, Charting, Checking CM/CP, BDing when possible, the usual

Rant/rave/chart stalk: rant: Yesterday the OPK started getting darker but still wasn't quite positive, had some EWCM after dinner when I checked and this morning I had a temp drop to the lowest it's been, by a bit, all cycle. But the OPK at noon today was definitely very negative and lighter than yesterday. I'm hoping my body was just sorta thinking about Oing then changed its mind to try again later because the BDing has not been happening. DH has been very non-compliant with my BD requests. If only roofies weren't "illegal" and "wrong."  :)) Okay no but seriously I'm just joking.... mostly ;)

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have ever gotten? (Research for my holiday shopping, lol)  Ohhh good question. I'll ruminate on this and edit to add later.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• kcooper1986kcooper1986 member
    edited October 2015
    @Noelietrex Thank you! He has to drive 2 hours out of town today for a job and then drive back and be home around 5:30 pm tonight, so I'm REALLY hoping that he isn't exhausted again....but I have a feeling that it's probably not going to happen : / I have sort of resigned myself to the fact that I am basically already counting us out, but I'm still bummed! I'm still keeping my FX for a miracle tonight though!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @kcooper1986- that happened to us last month.  I knew that our days were numbered and I was really frustrated and stressed about not doing it and thinking we had missed the window.  And I didn't even want to try that night.  Then I had a change of heart and was waiting all naked and trying to be cute when DH got home from work and he was in a bad mood and not feeling it. So I got dressed and we went down stairs and we were talking about something and may be pregnant came up because we were talking about making plans for 2 weeks from then. But I said something along the lines of can't get pregnant if we don't have sex.  That turned him right around but we still went back and forth about actually having sex for another 2 hours!! We did end up having sex, but.....geeze louise!! what if you send him some texts through out the day to try to get the fires going or give him a hint? good luck!!
  • Month/cycle: 9

CD: 1...

what are you doing to get KU? Waiting for AF to leave and then ALL the things

Rant/rave/chart stalk: Happy that WTO is less anxiety-ridden than the TWW!

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have ever gotten? (Research for my holiday shopping, lol) Georgetown cupcakes after a long week!
  • Month/cycle: 7/4

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU? Drinking counts, right?

Rant/rave/chart stalk: DH was just told he's going on a 6 week TDY. So unless I magically ovulate soon, I'm out until Thanksgiving :(( And I guess I'll miss him too.

GTKY: I've been given various items of Fiestaware over the last few years and I love them all. My collection continues to increase in size. I was given ramekins for my birthday and I'm excited to bake in them.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • @MNturnsVA thank you for the kind words. You bring so much light and support to this board! I am very happy that you're around :). I'm 28 and DH is 29. I've been to the gyn several times this year actually, including my annual back in April or May. I had a IUD placed May 2014, which caused super irregular spotting, and cramps during my period (which I've never had before the IUD, and now am continuing to have after - so that's concerning, too), so it was more trouble than it was worth. I only had it for 10 months. Had it removed in March. I just went in again this past Monday actually for her to confirm bumps on my cervix were actually Nabothian cysts (they are, so that was a relief). I've already met my deductible for this year, so I just feel like I'd rather start getting tests done before it restarts in January... 

I also watched The Great Sperm Race this week, and that was a little depressing too. It is just crazy to me that anyone ever gets pregnant with what those sperm have to surpass to find the egg, and how many actually make it out of so many millions!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @jhems776 -- my LP has been 7 days the past three cycles. It's crazy short. From my totally non-professional research and consulting my OB (so please take this with a grain of salt), there's a lot of doom and gloom type of info about short LPs out there but nothing that actually proves it's a cause of infertility. My doctor wasn't phased at all by my short LP. She said we could test for low progesterone, but wouldn't want me to even try treating it until I had been trying on my own for close to a year. 10 days is on the short side but everything I read says less than 10 or even less than 9 would be cause for concern, but 10 and up you're good. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. I've tried to find good info on B6 but all I could find really were other message boards or blogs claiming it worked or didn't work or took six months to work or whatever. I'm taking a b-complex for unrelated reasons and have been for two months and my LP is still 7 days. B vitamins are water soluble, but can cause nerve toxicity or birth defects in high doses. But as long as you're under 100 mg a day I don't think it would be a problem (again, NOT a doctor). I did find one peer reviewed empirical study that showed high doses of Vitamin C (750 mg and up I think) increased LPs in 50% of the experimental group. So there's that. My doctor was fine with me taking both the B-complex and Vitamin C but didn't think it would do anything for my LP. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

What are you doing to get KU: all the things

Rant/rave/chart stalk: Signs seem to be pointing to O today or tomorrow. FX! I can't believe that we have managed to have sex ED this week so far. I'm really proud of us! I can relate to a lot of the struggles of many of you on this board - we have had our own challenges in the bedroom for some time - in fact it may be one of the biggest issues in our marriage - and we are almost at 7 1/2 years. Somehow I think that the strategy and plan of required is really good for us since it kind of requires you to put any baggage behind you. I hope I'm not getting too optimistic but I'm hoping that in addition to this process being about bringing a new life into the world, maybe for us it's also about re-energizing out sex life! We shall certainly see but at this moment I'm feeling good.

GTKY: best inexpensive gift ever? Probably ordinary stuff like DH thoughtfully picking up something I need without me asking him!
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/cycle: 7!

CD: 6

what are you doing to get KU? Sex, temping, OPK's, checking cervical mucous.... so much to name

Rant/rave/chart stalk: no rants here! Rave/ 5k this weekend, the beautiful weather & it's finally Friday & I love vaginal temping!!!! Nothing to stalk yet

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have received? Honestly, I would be happy with anything. I'm not picky!
    Me:23 DH:24
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
    2 fur babies: Thunder- Blue Heeler, Shiner- Lhasa Apso 
  • Month/Cycle: Don't remember exactly

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU: Checking CM and sex. Possibly ordering OPK. Trying to remember prenatal everyday. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Being optimistic

GTKY: What was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you received? I couldn't even tell you. I'm lucky to have such thoughtful people in my life that I can't really compare them all. 

• MNturnsVA said:
    @kcooper1986- that happened to us last month.  I knew that our days were numbered and I was really frustrated and stressed about not doing it and thinking we had missed the window.  And I didn't even want to try that night.  Then I had a change of heart and was waiting all naked and trying to be cute when DH got home from work and he was in a bad mood and not feeling it. So I got dressed and we went down stairs and we were talking about something and may be pregnant came up because we were talking about making plans for 2 weeks from then. But I said something along the lines of can't get pregnant if we don't have sex.  That turned him right around but we still went back and forth about actually having sex for another 2 hours!! We did end up having sex, but.....geeze louise!! what if you send him some texts through out the day to try to get the fires going or give him a hint? good luck!!
    That is another reason I was so mad yesterday! I sent him texts (which included PICTURES even!) and it still didn't happen : ( Thank you for reminding me that we all have nights where we just are frustrated about it. I honestly just am tired of putting in the effort this week...

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited October 2015

MNturnsVA said:
    @kcooper1986- that happened to us last month.  I knew that our days were numbered and I was really frustrated and stressed about not doing it and thinking we had missed the window.  And I didn't even want to try that night.  Then I had a change of heart and was waiting all naked and trying to be cute when DH got home from work and he was in a bad mood and not feeling it. So I got dressed and we went down stairs and we were talking about something and may be pregnant came up because we were talking about making plans for 2 weeks from then. But I said something along the lines of can't get pregnant if we don't have sex.  That turned him right around but we still went back and forth about actually having sex for another 2 hours!! We did end up having sex, but.....geeze louise!! what if you send him some texts through out the day to try to get the fires going or give him a hint? good luck!!
    That is another reason I was so mad yesterday! I sent him texts (which included PICTURES even!) and it still didn't happen : ( Thank you for reminding me that we all have nights where we just are frustrated about it. I honestly just am tired of putting in the effort this week...

The struggle is so real sometimes. I have this same issue with DH a lot. I'll send him sexy texts and I'll get something back like "stop teasing me! I'm trying to work. I can't wait till I get home ;) " and then he gets home and just wants to browse Reddit for a few hours and pass out on the couch watching TV. 100% disinterested in sex. Ugh! It makes me so angry sometimes that he'd rather browse Reddit and watch TV than do anything with me. Then when he finally is interested in sex its 0 foreplay, 10 minutes of sex till he's good and he immediately gets up and leaves to go back to Reddit. X( Not that it matters for TTC how good it is for me but still
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Month/cycle  4

CD:  6

what are you doing to get KU? no temping or anything at this time.

Rant/rave/chart stalk: I hate that I have become kinda crazy.  Every symptom regardless of type makes me think I am prego. 

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have ever gotten? (Research for my holiday shopping, lol)
    I like picture books/calendars made on websites like shutterfly or the like.  They don't cost a ton but are usually super thoughtful. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• MNturnsVA said:

The struggle is so real sometimes. I have this same issue with DH a lot. I'll send him sexy texts and I'll get something back like "stop teasing me! I'm trying to work. I can't wait till I get home ;) " and then he gets home and just wants to browse Reddit for a few hours and pass out on the couch watching TV. 100% disinterested in sex. Ugh! It makes me so angry sometimes that he'd rather browse Reddit and watch TV than do anything with me. Then when he finally is interested in sex its 0 foreplay, 10 minutes of sex till he's good and he immediately gets up and leaves to go back to Reddit. X( Not that it matters for TTC how good it is for me but still

--------Anticipated qbf --------
    We had the opposite issue, DH was all in for sex every day, no enticing needed, he just had issues completing because he was nervous that he would fail and I wouldn't end up KU (self fulfilling prophecy much??) I almost wish he had the opposite issue, grass is always greener on the other side, right?
  • @NamelessAria I hate Reddit for this reason too. Sometimes I just want to make a rule no laptops on the couch. If Reddit or fallout is that interesting go into the tvless room.
  • ---TW: loss---

Month/cycle: 3/2? 

CD: unknown

what are you doing to get KU? today, nothing =) still temping, though

Rant/rave/chart stalk: Waiting for my first period after a d&c for anembryonic pregnancy (blighted ovum). I had my lowest temp since the procedure yesterday and a spike today, so while only time will tell, I'm hoping this was ovulation day so I can finish this cycle and start trying again.

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have ever gotten? (Research for my holiday shopping, lol)
    NOT something you should get as a surprise, but a guinea pig =) I asked for it and picked it out myself. Honestly, the gifts I love the most are those that I picked out.

• MNturnsVA . I know that it is all totally normal, I'm just impatient and emotional. Also because I am job hunting right now (I'm a professor; we start applying for jobs in May/June for jobs that start August of NEXT year). Getting said job will mean moving as well, so we've just got a lot of uncertainty going on right now. Good things coming--it's just all somewhat out of my control, and I prefer to be IN control. Exercising more would probably help. DH and I have been having trouble getting into a routine (traveling for job interviews. now we both have colds, in-laws coming next month). But I'll try to stop making excuses and just do it!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Month/cycle 6/5

CD: 21

what are you doing to get KU? Sex, temping, opk's, checking cm

Rant/rave/chart stalk: I had an OBGYN appt today with a new doctor and I brought up ttc because my AF has been a little long/irregular and wanted to see if she had insight. She literally did not understand the fertility friend chart- it was ridiculous. I am kind of bummed she wasn't able to give me more advice.

One of the wedding gifts we got from my parents was a calendar for a date each month on our "anniversary" during the first year. It was soooo sweet and thoughtful. Some of the dates included were movie date, $ for pumpkin carving and cider, Starbucks card, $ for champagne and dessert, gift card for this chocolate martini place, gift card for the restaurant we ate at before we got engaged... etc. It was super fun looking forward to a special date night each month. It would be a great idea for DH and you can go as cheap or expensive as you want.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Month/cycle 4/4

CD: 12

what are you doing to get KU? IUI, Trigger shot, ultrasound

Rant/rave/chart stalk: I met with my RE today and I'm scheduled for my first IUI on Sunday. I'm not sure why I'm so emotional about it! Maybe just the hormones. My RE said everything looked really good with two good eggs ready to go, so that's good! I just feel so much pressure now. I'm afraid my DH thinks this is the answer and we'll for sure get pregnant now!

GTKY: what was the best gift that wasn't super expensive that you have ever gotten? (Research for my holiday shopping, lol). When I got married, my best girlfriends got me an Origami Owl locket with charms in it - my new initial, a heart, a wedding ring. I've since added my ds's initial and a mom just charm. It was just so thoughtful!