1st Trimester

Unplanned Pregnancy and my parter

I just told my boyfriend that I may be pregnant, I have a lot of symptoms but haven't taken a test yet. He is now freaking out and keeps asking me why I won't take the plan b pill. I really need advice

Re: Unplanned Pregnancy and my parter

• If you're already experiencing symptoms, it's too late for plan b to be effective. You're supposed to take it up to 72 hours after conception to prevent implantation. Taking a test is probably your best option to know for sure right now, assuming you're far enough along. As far as talking to him, try to sit down and have a calm, rational discussion. Express your view on the matter, and then let him express his without interruption. Then, go from there.
  • I'm confused, Why did u tell him before u even took a test? I would wait find out if ur even pregnant before having the plan b discussion....that's just me though. Also I don't think you/your bf are clear on how plan b works. If u are in fact already pregnant then it's too late for plan b. please see an obgyn or planned parenthood, they have wonderful people who are great at educating couples about fertility. Also u should consider just taking a pregnancy test. Good luck to u!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would definitely take a test. General Rule of thumb .... if you are far enough along for symptoms. .. you are far enough along for a test.

If you haven't yet missed your period.... those very same symptoms are likely PMs.

If you have had unprotected sex at all.... please know you can get pregnant. So if BF isn't wanting a baby.... he needs to wrap that thing up tight.

Otherwise.. yall need to make an appt with doc... and have a very serious discussion about what your plans for the future are
  • Ditto what everyone else said. Take a test! If you are far enough along to have symptoms are will be able to turn a test positive if you are really PG. Plan B won't work if you are already pregnant. It is not an abortion pill it just prevents ovulation. If are aren't pregnant and don't want to be in the near future please see your doctor for reliable forms of birth control as babies are easily preventable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • blessedwtwinsblessedwtwins member
    edited October 2015
    I'm also curious as to why you joined the Bump in 2014.

I hope you do as all the PPs said and take a test before you make life plans about a baby that may not exist. Also, they gave amazing advice on how to prevent this type of scenario from happening again.
  • Take a test. And then make sure you have a discussion with your partner about how to prevent this in the future, there are so many different contraceptives and options. Having "symptoms" does not equal being pregnant and those symptoms can be caused by PMS or a ton of other reasons. As others have said, if you really are feeling symptoms due to pregnancy it is far too late for Plan B anyways. 

I am sorry you are worried and now your partner is as well but please, stop and take a test and go from there. Have a mature conversation about this once you actually know if you are or aren't pregnant. I am not trying to be rude when you are having a potential situation but telling your partner you may be pregnant without having any real reason to do so is incredibly stressful and unnecessary. Use protection from now on. 
  • I agree with everyone... Also no matter what the outcome, there's ALWAYS a chance of getting pregnant if you're sexually active. If you're not pregnant, I think you should both talk about birth control and you should look into something that will work best for you. If you are pregnant, then y'all need to talk about that and get on the same page. And if that can't happen, then y'all need to reevaluate your relationship.
  • Why did you tell him you're pregnant if you don't know that you are? :-/ :-? :-/ :-?
    I'm so confused. I really can't give any advice on a problem that thus far doesn't really exist......

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker