Trying to Get Pregnant

Unpopular Opinions

There isn't a UO thread yet? I guess some people are too busy posting their UOs in separate threads. 
DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• I have a love-hate relationship with Wondfos. They are so cheap, but sometimes their cheapness shows. I have gotten a bunch lately that have weird rough patches in the test line zone. 

Even so, I don't think it's worth spending money on more expensive tests. I mean, the prices are outrageous and all you are paying for is the plastic casing. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • bpfeiff84bpfeiff84 member
    edited October 2015
    @sgoldberg247 - Thank you and I was also a stirrup pant wearer!  Workout pants are definitely different.  However, I am the person who wears my activewear everywhere.  It must be from the years of either doing gymnastics or coaching gymnastics.  I've provided a fun activewear video for all of your entertainment!

I wholeheartedly agree with you about uggs, they are incredibly comfortable!!!  I do have large calves though so I'm probably one of the people you hate.  My Uggs get messed up because my calves are enormous from years of tumbling.  
  • @FloridaStanley - I've seen overalls at lots of stores lately.  They are coming back with a vengeance!
  • @bpfeiff84 Omg I love the video. I'm totally guilty of the active wear since I quit my job!
  • hunnybunny17hunnybunny17 member
    edited October 2015

Oh I like the fashion-flame thing we have going on today.

On that note, kitten heels.  Wear a flat, or a proper 2-3" heel.  Kitten heels just look incredibly awkward and neither elongate the leg like a heel or are as comfortable as a flat.

Guilty of the kitten heel, but I'm not supposed to wear proper heels. That 0.5-1" makes a difference in my head and I pretend I'm 5' tall.

My UO I don't think we should put we're lurking from WTO if we're congratulating BFPs. I forget half the time and the other half I'm bitter just typing it.

Edit because I always seem to type OU and think it's correct (Ohio University=/=Unpopular opinion)

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • bpfeiff84 said:
    @FloridaStanley - I've seen overalls at lots of stores lately.  They are coming back with a vengeance!
    Hopefully it's like how the romper "came back" a few years ago, mostly in runways and those people who buy a new wardrobe every year, no one else (at least that I know).  

I am so fashion unaware.  I have the same wardrobe that I had 5 years ago, other than a few new additions to replace items that were beginning to show their age and I am totally content with that.  I get really upset when companies change the cut of items and then slightly change the name (ie boot cut to kick boot) and you aren't aware and you buy a new pair of jeans only to get home and realize they don't fit properly.  
  • bpfeiff84 said:

@FloridaStanley - I've seen overalls at lots of stores lately.  They are coming back with a vengeance!

@bpfeiff84 "in stores" and "fashionable and not ugly" are two totally different things!
    image image
  • KDHB13 said:
    KDHB13 said:
    I'm totally going to be rocking my leggings (but they're thick, non see through ponte pants) and LL Bean Uggs soon! Guess I'm in the minority here.

My UO: I think the Bachelor/Bachelorette are the stupidest shows on television.

You mean you really don't love all the drama of Bachelor/Bachelorette?  Love Love Love

haha, I just can't do it! My best friend watches it religiously and I tried watching once so that she and I could chat about it but after 5 min I was like:

HAHAHA,  I love that GIF!  

The bachelor/bachelorette is my guilty pleasure but I refuse to draw it out over an entire season, I record them and then marathon it right before the finale.  I need the drama resolved, cliff hangers and me don't get along very well. 
  • @FloridaStanley, agreed.  I should have prefaced with I think that overalls are  awful.  The only time I think they're cute is on children and old farmers.  My grandpa was a farmer and he used to wear them daily.  It makes me smile every time I see an old man in overalls :)
  • K, this my last bachelor/bacherlotte GIF, but it cracks me up

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Adults who wear slut-tastic Halloween costumes.  Like, I get the want to look cute or sexy, but do you really have to wear a bra and panty set that resembles a super hero's costume or character? There are other ways to look sexy in costume.
    Have you seen these? https://www.buzzfeed.com/hillaryroseh/21-sexy-halloween-costumes-that-are-failing-em6s 

Sexy Bert and Ernie? Sexy Scrabble? Kill me. Along those lines, the gender specific kids costumes are awful. Why is the ninja turtle costume for boys a pant set and for girls its a cutesy dress??

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @KDHB13 yes! its awful.  Someone on my Instagram posted a picture of a TMNT corset and panty set that they were wanting to wear for Halloween....why??!  We're not 21 year old college kids. Even if we were, still , why??!
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • I enjoy the skinny jean and UGG look, personally. I will confess to wearing leggings when I'm running errands and won't run into anybody I know.

• KDHB13 said:

I'm totally going to be rocking my leggings (but they're thick, non see through ponte pants) and LL Bean Uggs soon! Guess I'm in the minority here.

My UO: I think the Bachelor/Bachelorette are the stupidest shows on television.
    I admit ... The Bachelor/ Bachelorette / Bachelor in Paradise are my guilty pleasure shows. No one knows that I watch them besides my husband and mom. It's like watching a car accident... I just can't turn away.

My UO: I hate Starbucks coffee. I can only drink tea there.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Overalls are horrible, leggings as pants are horrible, pumpkin spice lattes are horrible, and of course women wearing activewear as clothing without actually being active in the clothing is also frowned upon. Pretty much everything everyone has said today, I agree with!
    Except Uggs. I love my Uggs. :D

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm pretty sure those are snow pants.  I just can't.  Nope.

Formerly: FtrMrsO

Me: 34  DH: 35

Married: Oct. 2007

TTC #1:  June 2015

BFP#1 3/19/16  MC 3/28/16

BFP #2 5/26/16 EDD 1/31/17

• @CoachBeckyCooper I watched the first episode and just wanted to cringe myself into a hole.

Formerly: FtrMrsO

Me: 34  DH: 35

Married: Oct. 2007

TTC #1:  June 2015

BFP#1 3/19/16  MC 3/28/16

BFP #2 5/26/16 EDD 1/31/17

• I do not think "The Office " is funny.
    It was at first. After the 2nd season or so (maybe later, I don't really remember), it took a turn. Everything was painfully awkward and the characters were just cruel to each other. Just unfunny. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @artlesslbex sad part is no matter how hideous they are some people will actually buy them and wear them  :-q
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: 04/04/2014
    TTC #1: 05/2015
  • momstahp said:
    I don't even care if I'm a basic bitch, I love my tights (as long as my butt is covered of course), ESPECIALLY patterned tights, I love uggs and don't care that they are ugly, and I want everything pumpkin spice.  Also I kind of love that overalls are back in.  I've never been much of a fashion person though, so take it for what it's worth lol

I do draw the line at crocs.
    LOL, @momstahp my UO was going to be that I also like my leggings & just got some patterned ones, wear uggs during the fall because they are comfy & so easy to throw on, & love pumpkin spice. You lost me at the overalls, though, but I'm also perfectly fine being a basic (& comfortable as hell) bitch! 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • I so want patterned leggings!  Cheap ones, in case I don't like them...

@DeePaddy24 - Where did you get yours from?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• momstahp said:
    I don't even care if I'm a basic bitch, I love my tights (as long as my butt is covered of course), ESPECIALLY patterned tights, I love uggs and don't care that they are ugly, and I want everything pumpkin spice.  Also I kind of love that overalls are back in.  I've never been much of a fashion person though, so take it for what it's worth lol

I do draw the line at crocs.
    Eww, I know Crocs are so ugly.  What about these new fun fashion statements.  Totally hideous

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.