April 2015 Moms

Weaning emotions (over-emotional momma ha!)

Babog10Babog10 member
edited September 2015 in April 2015 Moms
My LB is six months tomorrow and EBF to up now. He will be starting solids tomorrow and I just feel a little emotional tonight because although I'm delighted he is thriving and progressing as he should I know today was the last day he will only be receiving my milk. I know this probably sounds silly (I actually think my period is on the way back too) but I can't help feel that my little boy is growing up so fast. Can any other momma's relate??

Re: Weaning emotions (over-emotional momma ha!)

• NickiochNickioch member
    edited September 2015
    Yes! I feel you. Mine is 5.5 mo EBF and totally ready for food (waiting til 6 for allergy safety) and I'm so excited and also feeling sad! Even the first time my husband gave him a bottle I was weirdly sad, like I wasn't the sole source anymore. I'm also having a hard time moving him to the crib. We had a scare the very first night, so since then he goes to bed in the crib but we bring him to the rock n play by the bed for the duration of the night when we go to bed. I think he'll do fine but I don't want to let go of having him next to me, holding his hand and hearing him sleep by my side! I don't want him to get big, stay a tiny baby!! Haha
  • I'm the very same @Nickioch I even hate him having a bottle, it's such a weird feeling and not everybody gets it, I've gotten comments like 'she doesn't trust anyone else with the baby' (said in a 'nice' way) but really I just enjoy feeding him myself! And I get u about the co-sleeping, my boy is still in my bed too oops haha!! :-??
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel this way too. My DS is almost 5.5 mos & shows signs of being ready for solids. He's only had 3.5 oz total from a bottle ever. I think it is so awesome that my body has sustained him entirely for this long. It's kind of funny though how sometimes I would kill for more than a two hour break, but the thought of solids makes me sad. This is also my last baby, so I think that is weighing heavy on my heart.
  • I also feel this way. I don't him to crawl or anything.