Trying to Get Pregnant

Timing with OPK/ being sick

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure it has been addressed at some point, but I was wondering if I got a positive OPK on Tuesday and BD that day, is that enough to conceive? My first pregnancy (ended at week 11 in Feb) my H and I got lucky and conceived the first month- 5 days before ovulation. STUPID LUCKY.

This is our first month back on the horse. I have a head cold now (Wednesday) and I know my H won't want to BD when I'm sick because we won't want to get ill. I know the window you ovulate is 12-36hrs after a postivite OPK, so Wednesday would still be a possible day. Ugh. So confused if I should BD or not. Also, will the head cold effect anything? I think it shouldn't, but just thought I'd ask. Not taking anything for the congestion (not to bad anyways at the moment). Thanks for your support and opinions ladies!

Re: Timing with OPK/ being sick

• Sorry to hear about your loss.

It only takes one sperm and one egg to make a baby and sperm can live in the female body for 5-7 days so your timing wasn't bad at all. Personally I like to flood the system and get as many little swimmers up there as possible but people can (and do) get KU with a single BD. Fx-ed it happens for you quickly again!
  • sorarosesorarose member
    edited September 2015
    Everyone has their limits, and if you don't feel up to it, don't HIO. I was sick last cycle and HIO anyway. Your cold could push back ovulation, but it won't hurt your eggs or anything, if that's what you're asking. Do what you're most comfortable with, and good luck!

And very sorry for your loss.