found this on a fb page and figured I would share!!
Mamas! PLEASE talk to your employer, specifically HR, about life before and AFTER you come back to work.
• will you have a place to pump? If they don't have one now, you give them enough time to figure it out by the time you come back. By law, do they have to provide one?
• will you have a refrigerator?
• altered work schedule? The expectation that you will come back to the same position and working hours.
• Are you part time? You may be entitled to some benefits.
• FMLA, do you qualify? If you're part time, you may still qualify.
• Short Term Disability (STD), do you qualify?
Does your employer offer it? Do you have to sign up or is it automatic enrollment? What's the waiting period?
Remember FMLA and STD are two different things that work together.
• FSA/HSA, are you enrolled?
• Vacation and sick/PTO payout
• When's Open/Annual Enrollment?
• If you work for a small company with less than 50 employees, things are different
• If you don't have an HR department, things are different
• And my list can go on...
Be respectful to your employer and I believe your employer will do everything they can to accommodate as long as it does not interfere with the business. It's all about communication!
Yes this is a wonderful time in our lives, but we have to remember that life goes on at work while we're out and after we return. Our lives change but it doesn't mean our jobs will.