November 2015 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Ordered my first latte in a long time and then proceeded to spill it all over the floor in my car. I was really looking forward to going straight home after work because I had nothing to do. Now I have to find a place to get the carpet cleaned. :((

Re: WTF Wednesday

• I`m overly emotional as well. i yelled at my dog this morning for farting in bed , I laughed and cried at the same time 

• Loading the player...
  • Gapeach83 said:
    @ErikaPSantana - Oh I have BEEN THERE. 

My WTF Wednesday goes to the women who feel the need to shout "ANY DAY NOW, RIGHT?!" whenever I walk by.

Like, no bitches. I told you I have a month to go yesterday.
    You should add them to twatwaffle Tuesday even though it's Wednesday.
    Seriously though!!!! A lady at my job yesterday basically said the same thing. She asked "Are you sure they got the date right?" Yes I'm sure. Thanks for checking though.
  • WTF to the parent that sent their child to school with chicken pox!!!!! Im so pissed, and my husband had never had it before!! Edit** I can't stop itching when I think about it!!! 
    who even gets chicken pox anymore? I thought everyone got vaccinated now? (I know that's a stupid assumption due to all the anti-vaxxers out there, but seriously it's been so long since I've heard of anyone actually having pox!)

My WTF goes out to me, I have only recently started working on getting the nursery and other baby stuff together. My genius idea was to sand and repaint the crib we found on craigslist. Seriously, why did I think this was going to be an easy project?? It is the biggest pain in my ass and I don't want to finish it but have no other option!! first world problems, am I right?

• WTF to the parent that sent their child to school with chicken pox!!!!! Im so pissed, and my husband had never had it before!!

Edit** I can't stop itching when I think about it!!! 

who even gets chicken pox anymore? I thought everyone got vaccinated now? (I know that's a stupid assumption due to all the anti-vaxxers out there, but seriously it's been so long since I've heard of anyone actually having pox!)

My WTF goes out to me, I have only recently started working on getting the nursery and other baby stuff together. My genius idea was to sand and repaint the crib we found on craigslist. Seriously, why did I think this was going to be an easy project?? It is the biggest pain in my ass and I don't want to finish it but have no other option!! first world problems, am I right?

You can still get chicken pox even after you've been vaccinated. I was a little hypochondriac as a small child so I was consistent with my shots. Still got sick
    :-??

• WTF to the parent that sent their child to school with chicken pox!!!!! Im so pissed, and my husband had never had it before!!

You can still get chicken pox even after you've been vaccinated. I was a little hypochondriac as a small child so I was consistent with my shots. Still got sick
    :-??

Idk, my kids are all up todate on ALL vaccines. But I know someone who works in the office at the school, and apparently this child was vaccinated. Still WTF you know the parent KNEW the kid was sick and had something wrong with them and they shouldn't have been at school. I mean if I could see the pic from literally going in to drop off, it's obvious!!!

Fyi my kids did not stay at school we promptly left after I bitched at the office.
  • My WTF goes out to the fact that all of a sudden I really want to clean. Which would normally be fine (great, even, since I haven't had much of a nesting instinct yet) except I gave DH the stomach bug that sent me to the hospital so I'm taking care of him instead... he's a really light sleeper so I can't do any of the vacuuming, and when he's awake, he feels the most comforted when he's resting on me. Since I gave him the bug and he was so fantastic with me in the hospital, it's pretty much the least I can do. But it sucks that now is when I want to clean all the things.
  • kbonelkbonel member
    edited September 2015
    WTF goes to the cleaning lady, who I always say hello to, for letting me know 'I'm starting to waddle and looking large' while I'm having a technical conversation with a high level manager... Thanks for taking me down a notch.
  • So I babysit 2 little boys 5 & 3 (not brothers) and have my own boys 5,3, &1. So the 3 year old that I watch just threw up on my rug (old thankfully) and I texted his mom that he was sick. "Do you want me to come get him? Was it just once". Yes it was just once, and yes I want you to come get him! He's your kid and he's throwing up!! Why should I have to deal with it for the rest of the day. I don't need a puking kid with my other kids. I would never of asked if my babysitter wanted to keep my puking kid, I would be there as quick as I could.

Ok rant over and his mom is on her way, thankfully
  • My store owner called me "fat lady" today. He has a very dry sense of humour and absolutely no filter so I'm not overly offended because he's definitely said way worse inappropriate things, but add that to the fact that we just got in our new tshirts for the dark roast promotion and my manager INSISTED I have a large one and I am definitely not that big and my self esteem was taken down a few notches. Yep. Please point out the obvious belly I have going on. Not like I'm growing a human being in there or anything!
  • My store owner called me "fat lady" today. He has a very dry sense of humour and absolutely no filter so I'm not overly offended because he's definitely said way worse inappropriate things, but add that to the fact that we just got in our new tshirts for the dark roast promotion and my manager INSISTED I have a large one and I am definitely not that big and my self esteem was taken down a few notches. Yep. Please point out the obvious belly I have going on. Not like I'm growing a human being in there or anything!
    Woah, that crosses a major line! Does the store you work for have a corporate HR that you can contact? In what world does he think that's okay? It's harassment!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cook3133 said:

So I babysit 2 little boys 5 & 3 (not brothers) and have my own boys 5,3, &1. So the 3 year old that I watch just threw up on my rug (old thankfully) and I texted his mom that he was sick. "Do you want me to come get him? Was it just once". Yes it was just once, and yes I want you to come get him! He's your kid and he's throwing up!! Why should I have to deal with it for the rest of the day. I don't need a puking kid with my other kids. I would never of asked if my babysitter wanted to keep my puking kid, I would be there as quick as I could.

Ok rant over and his mom is on her way, thankfully

I feel you on this so much. For some reason the parents that I've watched for lately have been this kind. The mother of the one and a half year old will tell me at drop off "he's got really bad diarrhea and he's been throwing up." Okay, so maybe it'd be better for him to stay home? Especially since she has an extremely flexible schedule.

And while it's not as big of a deal, the 6 month old a few weeks back as soon as the mom left I noticed he was congested and he was coughing a bunch. I texted her asking if she had noticed he was getting sick and she was like "oh yeah, he had a horrible cough last night." Like, sure, I'll still watch your kid with a cold, that's fine. But give me a heads up that I'm going to have a grouchy baby on my hands because he can't fall asleep for more than a two minute nap before waking up coughing.
  • cbolton19cbolton19 member
    edited September 2015

WTF to the parent that sent their child to school with chicken pox!!!!! Im so pissed, and my husband had never had it before!!

Edited for quote box fail -----------------

Ohhhh it's totally worth it though! We sanded and painted a craigslist crib ($65 whoop whoop!) and it came out so awesome! You'll be really pleased that you did it. I am so happy with the outcome of ours!
  • https://www.facebook.com/ImprovingBirth/photos/a.932183756855113.1073741864.255657527841076/967353746671447/?type=3

I am not sure if this article will post right from FB but I believe it gets a WTFW to. I am all for "natural" births, I am all for midwives, home births, and birthing center births. But not naive to understand that hospitals are just as needed!! Some of the comments on the thread are ridiculous, it's a huge bashing of hospital births and how they are the reason for not bonding with your baby. I'm sorry no matter where you deliver your experience could end up traumatic, I think there is more going on with mom that is making it hard to not bond with a baby.

• @Cook3133, that stuff makes me crazy! I think the whole "not being able to bond due to..." thing is incredibly insulting to families that have adopted and might not have had a chance to hold their LO's for hours, weeks, months... after birth. While I don't have experience with adopting, I have many friends and family who have, and I am confident that they are as bonded with their children as any non-intervention birth experience.
  • @Cook3133 that is absolute horse shit! The way I see it when people have to judge and tear down other people's way of doing things it means they aren't comfortable in what they themselves have done so the see the need to justify it somehow.
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Cook3133 said:

https://www.facebook.com/ImprovingBirth/photos/a.932183756855113.1073741864.255657527841076/967353746671447/?type=3

I am not sure if this article will post right from FB but I believe it gets a WTFW to. I am all for "natural" births, I am all for midwives, home births, and birthing center births. But not naive to understand that hospitals are just as needed!! Some of the comments on the thread are ridiculous, it's a huge bashing of hospital births and how they are the reason for not bonding with your baby. I'm sorry no matter where you deliver your experience could end up traumatic, I think there is more going on with mom that is making it hard to not bond with a baby.

I saw this a while ago. I read through a lot of them and some women legitimately had some complaints (for lack of a better word), but there were some that made me roll my eyes. Some came off super judgey and made it seem like it is so shameful to not have a 'perfect' birth and that annoyed me. Circumstances can change so quickly during labor that not everything can happen as you had envisioned. That is part of life. You make the best of it, you learn from it, maybe even mourn a little, and you move on. I think that a more positive view of birth (hopefully empowering women and not scaring them) is a good thing, but the good message gets lost when people get too aggressive (again, lack of a better word) with their message. The feelings are valid, but could be expressed a little differently.

Hopefully that makes sense. It's the end of the day and my brain is tired. Ha ha
  • Wtf blue cross blue shield? They've denied my progesterone injections! So now I'm paying $44 a shot. Woohoo.
  • Elyse1384 said:

WTF is with all of these drive by posters??? Who are all these new members coming out of the woodwork?  Why is TB holding me and other regs to the guidelines, but not the newbies?  Hello new members... How about an intro to the community (per the guidelines)?  How about using the search function (per the guidelines)?  How about welcoming constructive criticism from the community and not throwing a fit when you don't get the answer you want (per the guidelines)?  Just a thought... I wouldn't want to come off as unwelcoming. 

seriously, WTF with all these new people posting things no one could possibly know the answers to!!
  • Wtf to one of my regular customers at work who has to say "you're getting bigger everyday" no sh*t I'm getting bigger! That's what your suppose to do. I have even snapped at her a few times. She then likes to tell me how she only gained 10 pounds with each of her pregnancies. Who cares?! I've gained 25, my sister gained 45. Who gives a crap?! So over all the dumb ass comments or advice people try to give. Most of them are just idiots.
  • WTF to my husband's schedule. I knew things were going to be a bit messy in the next little bit, but today he came home knowing more specifics about his field training schedule, and the amount of things between now and my due date is stressing me out. Like one three day field exercise in the middle of this month (sure a month before my due date, but with how things are going it stresses me out) that he may or may not be coming home at nights from or may just be gone. And a five day in November. Plus a few other day things. Which I mean, I am grateful my husband will still be here on this island (until January, but let's worry about that one later), but he will very likely be next to impossible to get ahold of should something happen, and then the logistical struggle of him getting released and back to me. I'm starting to have serious anxiety about the possibility of going into labor and him being unreachable. While I know that chances are decent that won't happen, this baby doesn't really seem to care too much about what is convenient.
  • Wtf heartburn!? Why you show up now all of a sudden?!
    YCSWU
  • @MadBloom Pepcid AC, it's a life saver 
  • Hahaha I love it.
    I really thought I was going to get away with no heartburn this time!! Now I want nothing to do with food. Even water is setting it off!
    YCSWU