September 2015 Moms
Options

DUH moments!!!

Definitely just hit stupid exhaustion level....I just fed baby and decided to pump so hubby could feed him next. I kind of half fell asleep while I was doing it and when I snapped back to it, I was like ummmm why am I all wet? I didn't attach the damn bottle to the pump and have just been pumping all over myself. IDIOT!!!!

What's your new mom "DUH moment"?

Re: DUH moments!!!

• Options
    Omg, I could totally see myself doing that! I do stuff like that all the time. The other day I was preparing the gauze pad with Vaseline for baby's circumcision site, and squeezed baby lotion all over it instead of Vaseline. When I was mixing up a formula bottle I opened the can of coffee creamer instead of the can of formula powder (didn't scoop it out, at least!). I'm just waiting for the day his diaper leaks and I throw his outfit in the trash and the dirty diaper in the laundry basket... 8-}
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I changed LO in the middle of the night and didn't fasten the new diaper. that was fun to clean up in the morning! :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby threw up on the nursing pillow and instead of throwing the cover in the hamper I DID throw it in the trash... Then tried to blame my husband for it since I had zero recollection of it!
  • Options
    This doesn't have anything to do with the baby, but we currently have three bottle calves. I forgot to shake up their bottles one day - poor babies! In the middle of the night I always wake up thinking baby boy is in bed with us (he sleeps next to us in his rock and play).
  • Options

I changed LO in the middle of the night and didn't fasten the new diaper. that was fun to clean up in the morning! :(

Ditto... I got lucky and she only peed.
  • Options
    I just paid an ultrasound bill and failed to write who the check was to before sealing the envelope.
  • Options
    I stopped to get gas and clean my car out. When I went to leave, I couldn't find my keys. I looked in the car and nothing. I finally dug through the very full trash can and still didn't find them. Just when I was about to call my boyfriend and have him leave work and bring me the spare key, I thought to check in backseat with baby. Yep, right there. Why I left her with my keys I have no idea. I thought pregnancy brain would go away, but sleep deprived brain is just as bad!
  • Options
    I didn't shower until about 2 pm today. I threw in some yoga pants and went to pick my 2 yr old up from daycare. When I got to my parents at 5 pm I realized I had my pants on inside out!
  • Options
    I haven't had any glaring duh moments...yet. I know they are coming since I'm distracted all the time with 4 kids 5 and under to take care of. I remember with #3, we use drop in bottles with liners and I measure the water in a traditional bottle to be more accurate then dump it in the liner and mix in formula. Many many times in the middle of the night I would go to dump the water in the drop in bottle only to realize there was no liner and water spilled all over the counter. I've also found dirty diapers stashed in random places when I've been carrying them in my hand to throw away and set them down somewhere on my way to the trashcan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh and OP, with #1 I exclusively pumped and there were many times I fell asleep pumping and would wake up soaked because I had overflowed the bottle without realizing it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have woken up on more than one occasion thinking baby was in the bed with us or on the couch with me during a nap. She has never slept in our bed nor has she slept on the couch. I was under an afghan on the couch and literally unfolded every piece of it to make sure she wasn't wrapped up in it. Meanwhile, she's in my husband's arms in the chair. I knew then I was sleep deprived!
  • Options
    @tlc11934 I literally could not stop laughing at your post! That's totally something I'd do!
  • Options
    @tlc11934 that cracked me up! Thanks for making me laugh!
  • Options
    @LaurenNewph @cuphalffull

I was laughing just typing it out. My second favorite story from DD1 was another night that same week. We lived with my parents while we were waiting for our house to be finished. DH and I had a full out fight in our semi-conscious state, yelling at each other - "give me the baby", "I don't have the baby", "I know you're hiding the baby" with both of us looking in her crib for her and under all the covers in our bed. This went on for a short while before my mom walked in our room carrying the baby, ready to put her in her crib. Her reenactment of this scene is hilarious.

Good thing we got used to the sleep deprivation after that week! DD had colic and cried day and night for 6 straight months! DD is now 6 years old and doing well, despite having nutty parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CEW225 said:

I have woken up on more than one occasion thinking baby was in the bed with us or on the couch with me during a nap. She has never slept in our bed nor has she slept on the couch. I was under an afghan on the couch and literally unfolded every piece of it to make sure she wasn't wrapped up in it. Meanwhile, she's in my husband's arms in the chair. I knew then I was sleep deprived!

I sleep with a pillow under my arm, have for years. but now I keep waking up in a panic thinking it's the baby! (I actually did fall asleep with her in my arms once! but the pillow thing started before that happened!)
  • Options
    I wake up thinking I'm pumping. Have to wake my husband up to get baby or our 2 year old because I don't think I can move... That's when I know that I pump ALL the time but it's all worth it for the "liquid gold" for my baby girl
  • Options
    I often dream that I pumped so I wake up in the middle of the night looking for the bottle I just pumped and get really depressed when I realize out didn't happen and I have a half hour of pumping ahead of me! I also panic that I rolled on her in my bed, but she's always safely in her pack and play. Never slept in the bed so I don't know why I think she's in there.
  • Options
    I hopped into the backseat of our car today to get baby out of the rain and put him in his seat. I told my mom I would just ride back there and she could put the groceries up front... In my own car that I drove to the store and she has literally never driven before (plus I had the keys). She was so confused until I realized my mistake! Duh!
  • Options
    smiversen said:

This doesn't have anything to do with the baby, but we currently have three bottle calves. I forgot to shake up their bottles one day - poor babies! In the middle of the night I always wake up thinking baby boy is in bed with us (he sleeps next to us in his rock and play).

I also wake up thinking baby is in bed with us--he has always slept in the pack n play next to me though, never in the bed!!

I start freaking out thinking that I've smothered him accidentally. We also have 2 small dogs that sleep in our bed that I mistake for LO often!