October 2015 Moms
Options

Pampering before delivery?

Are you planning to have a Mommy spa day before your delivery date?

I have a scheduled c section, so it's easier to plan. I'm thinking I would love a spray tan, nails done, and a prenatal massage!

Re: Pampering before delivery?

• Options
    millereliz13millereliz13 member
    edited September 2015
    Ypu may want to talk to your obgyn before having your finger nails done and the spray tan. I wasn't allowed to wear deodorant or lotion for my c-section last week. The hospital has a no nail polish polish due to doing a pulse/oxygen sensor during delivery.
    That being said, I wish I'd had my toes done ahead of time.
  • Options
    alisonlenalisonlen member
    edited September 2015
    My cousin and I are going to get pedicures (with an extra leg massage) today
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking the week off before my EDD and I have about 5 messages available to me to use (it's REALLY hard where I am to book a prenatal message! Not enough certified therapists!) and will probably use a couple of them, and get my nails done (as long as it's approved, not sure if my hosp has a rule against it or not). Going to dye my roots and maybe even get my eyebrows done (haven't had someone do them other than me in over four years!) 
  • Options
    comlandcomland member
    edited September 2015
    I had a pedicure last weekend and getting my hair cut/colored next week. I figure it will be my last chance for awhile so I wanted to make the appointment as late as possible - hoping I make it but would not be the end of the world if I have to cancel. :)

Edit: Forgot to add the makeup I have recently purchased from Ulta and Honest Beauty. Gotta love that makeup will always fit right.
  • Options

Next Thursday I am planning on getting a manicure and pedicure.  I'll be 39w4d, it is something to look forward to if I haven't gone into labor yet.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I don't have time for a spa appointment (working myself to death to be squared away at work before mat. leave.) 
    BUT I did just spend a small fortune at Ulta to get a new fall/winter makeup collection.... once bebe is here I will want the motivation to get 'dolled up'.. its amazing what retail therapy can do for a gal.... I wonder if my sweet daughter will be a shopper like her momma.... yikes ;) 
  • Options
    Just got my hair cut today. Got 7 inches cut off and feel like a new woman! Lol much more manageable now. :) I have my c-section Friday and am just trying to rest before then.
  • Options
    Got the best pedi yesterday! Found a new place that I love. Best part is they offer a free one after delivery! Oh yeah! I will probably go for another every week until I have our little girl! Three weeks to go!
  • Options
    I'm doing a pedicure Friday and trying this new thing called Float Therapy tomorrow. It's where you lie in an enclosed pod of body temperature water filled with 1200lbs of Epsom Salt so you're weightless - I can only imagine how awesome that will feel on my poor back and joints at 39w2d.
  • Options
    Pedicure!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes! I split my hair appointment, facial, massage, and pedi over the last two weekends! Scheduled csection, so it is easier to plan -and I know I'm not getting out for me anytime in the next few weeks :)
  • Options
    I had a mani/pedi last weekend and booked a last minute facial today. I'm so excited, I haven't had one in forever. I figure if baby is going to keep cooking, I may as well enjoy these before I'm cooped up inside for a few weeks.