Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Re-Intro (Medical Issues/Preemie Discussed)

Hey all,

I was a Bumpie way back in 2009, and I'm back again! 

A little about me and my journey:

When I was PG with DD I was 21, DD was unplanned, and this place really helped through some tough stuff. After being diagnosed with preeclampsia at 34 weeks, having a c-section less then 72 hours later, and 13 day NICU stay, I have a happy, healthy 6 yo (we were EXTREMELY lucky that DD has no lingering issues from being a 3lb 10oz preemie).

I have since gotten married (not to DD's dad, but we do have a fabulous co-parenting relationship). My DH has some health issues (Fibromyalgia, among some other comorbid conditions) and was concerned about passing them on. I was less so because medicine is always advancing and changing, plus I have no chronic issues to speak of. We know more about our bodies and our health every day and none of it really scares me. He finally decided it was time just recently. We had talked some and played with babies that belonged to friends of ours. He and I started dating was DD was 18 months, so he was around for a lot of DD's growing up (he just missed the tiny baby part) but he's finally ready for his own. We spoke to my OBGYN and she said my chance for reoccurrence of preeclampsia were very slim, especially since this one will have a different dad than my first, so that put some fears to rest, too.

In Nov I'm going to get my IUD removed and we're going to start TTC. 
I look forward to walking this journey with all of you!
 Countdown to Baby H!
Pregnancy Ticker
Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
Anniversary 
Working Mom
BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
Team Blue!

Re: Re-Intro (Medical Issues/Preemie Discussed)

• Options
    Welcome and gl! Fibromyalgia does tend to run in families (mine included), but it shouldn't stop you from TTC if that's what you really want. I will likely get it myself, as my mother has it and her father had it.

• Options
    Welcome! I've just rejoined myself (2012-2013 grad). FX our stays here are short!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm ttc after a preemie as well. (DS was 32w2d, 3lb0oz. Umbilical cord flow issue we luckily found before it got too bad) Just got my mirena out in early August.
    image image
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck! Wow your DD was a little peanut! So glad to hear she is healthy.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    Welcome and best of luck with #2!