October 2015 Moms

Holy BMs...labor coming soon?

I'm a FTM so I'm completely unsure of what are real symptoms of labor and what are just everyday pregnancy discomforts. This being said, I've had virtually no issue with constipation my whole pregnancy (39w1d), I know..I'm very lucky lol. This last week or so baby girl has dropped a ton and I've been backed up, maybe getting a tiny bit out a day. I've also been having Braxton hicks a ton but nothing timeable. Today though I've been to the bathroom countless times and I swear I can't have anymore but I constantly feel like I have to go. I don't have diarrhea but consistency has gone from rock hard to (lack of better words) playdoh lol. Does this fast change mean labor could be coming sooner rather than later? Completely clueless and anxious for my baby girl's arrival.

Re: Holy BMs...labor coming soon?

• They told us in our birthing class that your body may decide to clean you out before labor. So, I guess it's possible! Either way you're almost there.
  • That's how it was with my first!
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB told me yesterday that you can have light contractions that cause BM or feels like one anyways. Maybe you should start timing every time you go to the restroom or feel like you have the urge to. Been going through this myself (35 weeks 5 days) but haven't even started dilating yet. Could be your body cleaning itself out before labor like previously mentioned. 
  • This is exactly what's happening to me. I'm 2cm dialated right now and 50% effaced. I thought it was odd that suddenly I have a BM every time I used the restroom.
  • I haven't had a normal bowel movement for over a week and a half. We will see if I've made any progress from last week on Friday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They told us that too, that it could be my body's way of clearing itself out. I'm hoping that's the case. The last couple days I've been very uncomfortable. My belly has been really hard and I've been having a ton of pressure on my downstairs areas. My doctor doesn't check for dilation or effacement, which I'm ok with. I've had cramping over the last week so I'm pretty sure I'm making some progress in that department. At least I really, REALLY hope so.
  • I had diarrhea every day last week so I was sure my body was clearing out. Now I'm back to normal BMs...who knows!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Constipation has been an issue for me the entire pregnancy. It's like I would think to myself "it's been 3 days... I gotta poop sometime soon". And at 37 weeks it all changed. I was going like 3-4 times a day. 38 weeks tomorrow! I don't know how much more my body can "clear out" for delivery!
    We are ready though either way!