May 2016 Moms

Already buying maternity clothes as nothing feels comfy anymore :-)

I am only 7 weeks and 3 days,it's my first pregnancy,  but i had to order some maternity clothes yesterday! I didn't put on weight yet, but I feel so bloated that normal pants are either extremely uncomfortable, hurt, or I can hardly zip or close them anymore! 

I always thought it would be much longer until I needed mat clothes, but I am so incredibly uncomfortable that I can't spend my day at the office feeling like that. 
At home it's easy of course, but I struggle to find anything comfy for work. 
I hope now that the clothes that I ordered will look nice from the beginning to the end of pregnancy (the say "fit through all stages")... Fingers crossed. 

Anyone else out there who's already shopping, too? 

Re: Already buying maternity clothes as nothing feels comfy anymore :-)

• I'm in week 4 of my 2nd pregnancy, and I hear you. My favorite jeans are just not comfortable anymore.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • weel 4,& 5 i was so bloated, i could only wear yoga pants..so i bought some new ones and some sweats...to be comfy
    week 6&7 im back into my jeans...i was quite relived 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 5w4d and just said to DH I need some maternity scrubs or some belly bands at least. My lower belly is so distended! His response....you're not even that pregnant, stop pushing it out. He's only kidding but it did make me feel like maybe I was thinking too far ahead. But those scrubs were definitely a little snug and the skinny jeans I bought a month ago....well.....no :((
  • Can you actually use those belly bands to keep on wearing your normal clothes??? Not exactly sure yet what they are for and if you really need one :-) They look comfy though, so I"m sure I'll get one anyway. Anything comfortable  is a massive turn on right now!

• Sorry ladies, just saw that there was already the thread " Already buying maternity clothes" :-) New here, so when i did the search for that topic nothing came up. I'll look better next time. 

Anyways: I hope my clothes get here soon, I can't wait for some comfortable gear :-)  

• I just gave in and bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans with stretchy side panels and a pair of leggings... I'm 8 weeks along, have put on a couple of pounds (but honestly think it's mostly in my chest - I'm barely fitting into my bras), but I've had terrible bloating and definitely a bit of constipation (TMI? Sorry) that's causing my regular pants to feel pretty uncomfortable. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!! You see all these things online about not needing maternity clothes until your 12 or 13 weeks along, but there is no doubt that I already feel my body changing. Of course, I'm sure the desire to eat nothing but white starchy carbs isn't helping... but whatever. I'd rather wear stretchy pants than be nauseous!
  • I've actually lost about 5 pounds since getting pregnant, but I am so bloated that I feel like I've gained 10! This week my jeans started to hurt. :( I'm only 7 weeks along....I wasn't even considering getting maternity pants for several weeks yet, but now I'm thinking I'll have to do a shopping run this weekend.

I may be sitting at my desk at work right now with my jeans unbuttoned....don't tell anyone....
  • Belly band is a lifesaver. I'm 8w3 and I've been wearing it with all my pants since week 6. Pure bloat but hey, if you're not comfortable, you're not comfortable!
  • I bought a beband from Target and I'm wearing it for the first time today. It's really comfortable and it helps not have my pants cut into my waist. I have to readjust it after I stand up but it serves its purpose. I am hoping to hold out on actually purchasing maternity pants until at least November. I have some tanks and sweaters that should get me through the next month or so. Hopefully.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm 9 weeks and 2 days today. I bought a be band from target in a couple of colors and there great.
  • I've gained 5 pounds, and a lot of my clothing no longer fits or looks right. I have pants laying around that are a size bigger, so I'm using those for now. But, I've ordered new tops that aren't clingy (all I wore before was clingy!) because nobody needs to see my puff!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I'm planning on a shopping trip this weekend.  I only have one pair of work pants, and the high waist cut just isn't working for me anymore. I was planning on wearing more skirts and dresses, but Mother Nature decided to bring on the cold weather.
  • Ive been rocking yoga pants and maxi dresses so far. I haven't had to buy anything just trying to wear my MOST comfy clothes I own.
  • Oh I hear you I am only 6 wks and 4 days and I started weary maternity pant almost 2 weeks ago even though I dropped 4 pounds since I got pregnant however my regular cloths caused cramping so I gave in. May just be bloating but that's ok I'm also pregnant with twins so I thought that might have something to do with it.....lol
  • I've been living in yoga pants and if I need to go out, stretchy things. It's purely bloat/constipation/gas at this point but my jeans create a nice painful crease right in the middle of it!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I bought a couple shirts- my boobs made my other shirts so inappropriate. My jeans are also no longer comfortable so I'm going to have to start looking into other options. Good thing yoga pants are working in the meantime.
  • I found some stunning clothes online, asos maternity, on sale. I feel a lot better now :-) Comfy and it looks good. 
    I am also going to get one of those bands to extend the life of my pants, but currently just the thought of getting into pants...  makes me feel awful :-) 
    I need roooooom!!!  :-)

• I have been wearing stretchy pants from the beginning.. I can't stand anything tight around my tummy... I have had problems with my scrubs at work being too tight but one of the other girls taught me a trick of rolling the band over twice and its much more comfortable now :)... I had been resisting but I finally pulled out my maternity nightie (and I have been so comfortable over night since) and I caved today and bought my first lot of maternity bras (after wearing them for one day I am so much more comfortable that I wish I had done it earlier)

I'm lucky that a lot of my wardrobe is loose fitting/ flowing tops and dresses that I can get away with wearing them for now... and anything that gets stretched or ruined will get chucked

there's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable as well as looking incredibly bloated at the same time
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I went to Target and bought a Be Band during my lunch break.. So much better than my dress pants cutting into my stomach! I'm 6w6d.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• I do have to go and buy a band now, it seems ! Does it really hold up the pants??? I am a bit worried about suddenly standing at work in my undies..... 

• I gained some weight this summer, about five pounds so my jeans were already kinda tight since I haven't worn them since spring. I've been living in my workout clothes and pajama pants. I ordered a pair of lounge pants with the yoga waist that were advertised as maternity simply because they look decent enough to wear in public and because the five lbs I planned to lose won't be happening :)
  • You ladies are making me feel so much better to not be alone. I'm 10 weeks pregnant with #3 and I've never had to wear maternity clothes this early before, but after another day at my desk with my pants cutting into my belly so badly I wanted to cry, I busted into my bin of maternity clothes for tomorrow's outfit! So excited to be comfy!
  • seabe said:

I've actually lost about 5 pounds since getting pregnant, but I am so bloated that I feel like I've gained 10! This week my jeans started to hurt. :( I'm only 7 weeks along....I wasn't even considering getting maternity pants for several weeks yet, but now I'm thinking I'll have to do a shopping run this weekend.

I may be sitting at my desk at work right now with my jeans unbuttoned....don't tell anyone....
    I hear you! At 9 weeks now and I've lost 5 lbs since being pregnant because I've been exercising more regularly, but the bloating is so uncomfortable, I am going to have to buy some maternity pants just to get through the work day!
  • I can only say... My life is a WHOLE lot comfier since I switched to maternity stuff. It's not obvious, I got dresses, which will fit throughout the entire pregnancy. It's just nice to not feel squeezed in and it doesn't hurt like it did when i wore my old pants. OUCH. It was so painful. 
    It just felt so awkward at first, when you read things like "I did not buy any maternity clothes until I was in the 20th week." LOL. 

Well, i say: FREEDOM for the bump or the bloat :-) 

• Oh dear. My bra wires just started stabbing me and I had to take it off. Did i mention i am at work? I don't even care anymore! 
    Well, it seems like i need some new gear. Again.