Special Needs
Options

Houston area ASD moms

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted on the bump in awhile, but am looking for some advice.  My husband and I are hopefully going to be moving to the Houston area early next year.  DS1 will most likely be diagnosed with ASD once he turns 3 (in March), so we are trying to think ahead about which school districts will be best for him.  Any Houston area moms have any recommendations for school districts with fantastic special education departments?  Or which districts to stay away from?

Re: Houston area ASD moms

• Options
    SarahFoley725SarahFoley725 member
    edited November 2015
    Hi! I'm in Houston and I'm a special needs nanny. Due with my first baby in March so happy birthday to them both

*edited because it cut off right here for some reason!*

I've been told Cy Fair ISD has a great special needs program. I attended CFISD schools and I will say that they are not all created equal. Some are...rough...and some are great so just be careful in that search.

My next door neighbor works in the Autism program for Katy ISD and she really enjoys it. I don't know what school she is at unfortunately.

If you haven't already, you could try posting in the local Houston board. I've seen a few ladies with special kiddos. Good luck and I hope you find a great place!