Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Facebook rant gone viral...

I don't know if any of you saw this yet, but I thought it was pretty awesome!

https://wgntv.com/2015/09/28/womans-none-of-your-business-facebook-post-about-children-goes-viral/
Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
ttcal May 2016

Re: Facebook rant gone viral...

• Options
    Wow!! I love this it's amazing!
  • Options
    =D>
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw this earlier and thought to myself "YES a million times over." 

• Options

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    That is perfect, extended family and nosy coworkers need too read this.
  • Options
    Until I started lurking TTGP while TTC baby #2 I never thought about how some of those questions could be very painful for other people.  I was never one to pry about babies before, I do remember asking my SIL if they were planning on kids one day.  I'm glad I found this place and was educated before I was able to ask anyone.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    etr152517etr152517 member
    edited September 2015
    *loss mentioned*
    Love this! After our loss this summer, this really rings true. It's no ones business and you don't know what others are going through.
    Edited for TW
  • Options
    @crdo
    Because common sense is so very uncommon!
    Or, as I tell the people at work, "hey, stop that! You're using logic again.." :p
  • Options
    I had a hairdresser that I've never met ask me when we were planning to have kids when I mentioned I had gotten married earlier this summer.  WTF, I don't even know you, why would I tell you something like that??? 

My MIL is also guilty, at our wedding reception she was talking about how she's so excited to be a grandparent and how she hopes that we don't wait as long as her and my FIL did before starting a family (4 years after they got married) because she wants a grandbaby.

I half want to share this on facebook (a friend already did) just to see if she replies or notices it at all.  Why is it that when it comes to babies, people seem to think that normal decency no longer applies?  
  • Options
    I agree with all of the above. Not only is it annoying and hurtful to be asked that by everyone. But I also think it's weird when people announce they're TTC to the world. It's like, ok so now I know you're having lots of unprotected sex. And then what? Obviously if it's a super close friend or sister that makes more sense but I've had some new acquaintances just tell us and it feels like I'm walking into a very private part of their lives.
    I think it's best to let private business be private.
    Also DH and I get a lot of "unspoken" questioning. I feel like our families are "watching us" to see when we'll announce. Wtf.

Anniversary

• Options
    Tell that to my estranged mother. She even tried to guilt-trip me by saying I needed to start having babies before her elderly friend (who I am not close to) passes away... Don't even know how to react to that...
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I always want to respond that asking me if/when we are ttc that they are essentially asking me about my sex life. I joke with some people that I'm going to start responding with "yes my husband and I are regularly and strategically having unprotected sex"
    If you think that answer is none of your business, than so is the question of if we are ttc.
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    My worst when are you going to have kids happened last year at a 7/11.  It was Mother's Day and the cashier said "Happy Mothers Day".  I responded politely "thank you but I'm not a mom" and he in turn said "why not?  you are getting older and should have kids by now".  He was dead serious.
  • Options
    adiaz132003adiaz132003 member
    edited September 2015
    *lurker from june*

There were a couple times when my nosy clients ask about how long I've been married and say "oh so you'll start having kids soon?" I get irritated and say "yeah we're already working out it but it sure is taking a while" then I get quiet. They never know what to say after that. I know it's mean of me to do that but if they aren't prepared for any possible answer then why ask?

Eta: lurker status
  • Options
    yea, I've said things like "sometimes things take more time then you've planned" or "we're working on it, but no luck yet" I don't mind being open about things with most people, but it does get annoying and uncomfortable.
    :-S
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    oh and also at family gatherings I started drinking a glass of wine even when I didn't feel like having one, just to ward off suspecting family members. :)
    ttcal May 2016