Pregnant after a Loss

Intro- New Here

Hi everyone! In March my husband and I decided we would start trying for another baby. We got pregnant immediately. We were so happy. I went in for an ultrasound because I had very minimal bleeding and it was just a precaution because we really thought everything was ok. The baby had a heart beat at 6 weeks 5 days. I was so relieved, I cried. A few days later I got a call that they wanted me back in two weeks because the radiologist was concerned about a "dent" that was in my sac but they told me to try not to worry. Of course, I was worried and a few days later I just knew something was wrong and that I had lost the baby. Well, I went in when I was 8 weeks 5 days pregnant (May 8th) and the baby's heart had stopped shortly after my last appointment. I was heartbroken.

And now, I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago. I was 3 weeks 2 days pregnant when I got my BFP. I'm finding it so difficult to be excited (which I seems to be the norm for those of you who have been here). Now I find out my doctor's office no longer does ultrasounds at 7-8 weeks, they do them at 10 weeks. I still have 5 more weeks to go and I think I will go crazy. I have asked that my doctor allow me to get my HCG levels tested weekly so that they can be monitored even though I know that doesn't guarantee everything is ok in there, it might help make me feel a bit better.

I keep trying to tell myself this baby will be OK because my due date is May 30th. So the baby will be born right around the time when I lost the other one. It was meant to happen now and this rainbow baby is meant to help ease the pain from losing my other baby.

I'm really scared. I want to be excited but I just can't be. It is really frustrating. I'm hoping this board can be a source of support for me and that I can perhaps be a source of support for all of you.

Re: Intro- New Here

• Congrats on your BFP! Yes, it's terrifying but I've found a lot of comfort here. My OB wouldn't see me until 9 weeks this time and I was a nervous wreck to say the least. I've even had two previous losses but they weren't concerned about that. Wishing you some comfort and a happy and healthy 9 months.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, but wanted to say congratulations.  You are definitely in good company for your worries.  We discovered our MMC on March 30th and I am now pregnant again and due on March 31st (also my birthday) and I keep holding onto faith that all just has to turn out will because the dates line up so perfectly, but I'm so scared every time I go in.  I am not 13+4wks and we last saw baby at 11+6wks.  I worry about him or her so much, but the further along I get the calmer I am.  I also had them do blood draws at 4wks-5wks to ease my mind.  Hang in there I know it is easier said than done, but in the end I hope we all get to cuddle our rainbows.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss and your worries. You are in good company here! Welcome and here's to a healthy nine months!
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss! Welcome to the board, you will find it is full of support and more important, understanding!
  • Hi, welcome and congratulations!! I had almost the same timeline with my previous loss - pregnant on first try in April, heartbeat at 6 weeks but mmc at 8w scan in June. I am now 10w along and although I've been lucky to have regular ultrasounds I do hope your worries are kept at bay with the blood tests. It's very difficult to get excited but with each milestone you cross it does get a little easier. All the best, keep us posted.
  • Thank you all for your welcome! I am sorry we have all had to go through this.

@bntfroggie Your dates couldn't match up better if you tried. It is funny how sometimes these things happen, huh? I was 3 weeks early with DS and if all works out this time and the same thing happens (unlikely, I know) I would have my rainbow baby on May 9th, one day after the year anniversary of my loss. It's a stretch but somehow it brings me some comfort.

I am going to continue to go in to get weekly blood work until my ultrasound at 10 weeks. I need the sanity.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy 9 months!