1st Trimester

Bleeding at 13 weeks

I started bleeding yesterday, bright red blood, more than spotting but I wouldn't call it moderate bleeding. Over the night and through the first part of today it tapered off into brown blood so I began to get less worried. I just got up to go take my dog outside and started bleeding more than yesterday and it was rich dark red blood. I'm very scared, this is my first baby. Any idea what it could be?

Re: Bleeding at 13 weeks

• Sorry u are experiencing this! There's many things it could be...there's no way of telling without more info. Have u called ur OB? Have u had an ultrasound? If yes, did they see a heartbeat? Was any blood visible in the uterus during ultrasound? Sometimes there are harmless blood pockets that cause spotting or bleeding

sorarose
  • Could be harmless, could be serious. We can't help you figure out which it is. I'd call my doctor first thing in the morning. Sorry you're experiencing this, hope it turns out fine.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I started bleeding yesterday, bright red blood, more than spotting but I wouldn't call it moderate bleeding. Over the night and through the first part of today it tapered off into brown blood so I began to get less worried. I just got up to go take my dog outside and started bleeding more than yesterday and it was rich dark red blood. I'm very scared, this is my first baby. Any idea what it could be?

We cannot speculate. Please contact your provider if you are bleeding.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Honestly it sounds just like what happened to me, and unfortunately it was too late by the time my doctors figured it out. I had bleeding much like you described, right at 12 weeks. My doctor wanted me to come in and have an ultrasound, which I did. I was having twins, so we were already being cautious. Nothing seemed wrong, so I went home and took it easy on myself. Turns out I had BV, but didn't recognize the symptoms, as I was also dealing with hyperemesis. Fast forward to 20 weeks,  and my water broke one night in bed. The infection went systemic, and both babies were stillborn, and I almost lost my own life as well. I'm not trying to scare you at all, just want you to know what possibilities exist. Hope everything clears up for you!