1st Trimester

chances of miscarrying at 10 weeks

I am still worried about miscarriage. I went to the doctor at eight weeks and saw a very healthy heartbeat. I am now ten weeks and want to know what the chances of miscarriage are.

Re: chances of miscarrying at 10 weeks

• My doctor told me that there is always a chance of miscarriage but chances lessen when you get to the 12 week mark.
    I'm almost 10 weeks myself and I don't plan to tell everyone until I am 15-16 weeks ☺️
  • I'm 10 weeks also and have had this same worry after my 8 weeks ultrasound! I read online that your chances of miscarriage after hearing heartbeat go down drastically, something like 5% or less!
  • Loading the player...
  • LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
    edited September 2015
    *Loss Mentioned* 

I don't want to frighten you, but I miscarried at 10.5 weeks, so your fear is very reasonable to me as it can still happen. I'm not sure what the % is but my doctor did tell me that the further along you get, the less your chances are. But I wouldn't dwell on it. Just breath and enjoy your pregnancy.
    :x
  • ljay0606 said:

My doctor told me that there is always a chance of miscarriage but chances lessen when you get to the 12 week mark.

this. i know someone who miscarried at 17 weeks. however, that's pretty rare. once you hit the 12 week mark my doctor told me there was a less than 5% chance of miscarriage, so to try to relax. you're almost there!
  • pumpkinhead4pumpkinhead4 member
    edited September 2015
    In all honesty there is always a chance of loss. Obviously some factors make your chances higher but it's not 100% guaranteed. I understand your worry but you just have to keep the faith that it will be ok. Try to change your focus to a diff aspect of pregnancy. Hang in there
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses