Infertility

13 Days Past IUI BFN w/FRER than got BFP?

Hello ladies,

Background: Endomitriosis since 19yo and diagnosed with PCOS and often do not ovulate on my own. 25yo Female and 23yo Male 

This is my first post so forgive me. I have almost gave up this cycle. I had my first IUI this month. Day 3 of my cycle was 9/1/15. I was on Clomid 100mg days 3-7. 150 Gonal-F injection on day 9.  Eggs still weren't ready till day 15 (9/13/15). I had one good follicle at about 25mm (right) and then 1 other (left) at 16mm. I proceeded to trigger shot that night (9/13/15) and had back to back IUI's on the 9/14 and 9/15. Lining was great at 10. Sperm count was at 10-5 million post wash with day 1 IUI and 1-2 million day 2. He has some issues with morph and shape but has prior kid from previous relationship. 7 days post IUI (9/21) blood work confirmed I ovulated at 24.7 progesterone. Everything looks good up to this point. I have had many symptoms, but I ruled out the first week due to trigger shot. But this whole last week I've been extremely tired often asleep by 8-9pm (not normal). My DH thinks that my bb's are looking different even though I don't see it. But my nipples have been extremely sensitive except for the last 2 days (9/26 and 9/27). Some constipation and gas with also indigestion and mood swings (horrible swings).  Also tons of peeing which is not normal. I usually pee 2-3 times a day at most and can sleep through the night. Not recently lol. I've had minor cramping on and off these whole 2 weeks. The only thing super different is that my CM is pouring out of me. Its kind of watery/milky. Yesterday I decided to take my temp mid day cause I was a little under the weather feeling and it was at 99.1. My normal oral temp is 97.6. This morning it was at 98.8 orally and vaginally it was 98.6 the last 2 days. My baseline from previous charting is 97.4 give or take .2 degrees.  
Long story short, I broke down and had to test the last 2 days because everyone is convinced except me. 9/26 BFN on one of the dollar tree test ( bought a bunch just to test out the HCG shot). But because i've heard that their not as good I decided to go get a FRER test . The most expensive one on the shelf lol. I waited till this morning to pee around 6am. And not to my expectation, It was a BFN 13 days past IUI. I've Tried to not be in a gutter but I was really hoping this was my cycle. The due date would have been my birthday, and being a twin, would have been extra special. 
Has anyone else ever tested 13 days past IUI, got a BFN then later got a BFP? Aunt flow is pretty irregular so to see when I am actually late is questionable. If there is no chance, id rather just order my meds now. 
25Yo Female
23 Yo Male
Endomitriosis and PCOS. W/ Male Issues
TTC for 2+ years

Re: 13 Days Past IUI BFN w/FRER than got BFP?

• I haven't had any experience with that, but I would talk to your RE about getting off of clomid. I also have endometriosis and PCOS as well and my RE said clomid isn't as effective for people who have either (esp both). I also have a friend with both as well in another state, and her RE told her the same thing about clomid. My doctor put me on Femara and it worked like a charm and had a lot less side effects (from what I understand clomid has a lot).
    Prayers and sticky baby dust to you!!
  • Yes, Clomid was horrible for me. I bleed so heavy with it and I cramped soooo bad. I really would like to change but I never really see the doctor. I usually only just the nursing staff. But I'm going to talk to the nurse tomorrow and see what they say. 
    25Yo Female
    23 Yo Male
    TTC for 2+ years

• Loading the player...
  • @Docwebb689 what a roller coaster! Honestly, I would have thought I was KU if I were you.
    I don't have experience with Clomid but have taken fomera.
    I hope you're able to talk to your doctor and get a concrete answer either way.
    I'm sorry for the emotional roller coaster this experience is.
    Sending you good thoughts.
  • From everything I've read (and I've scoured the internet for this sort of thing, because I have a problem with testing too early), once you're at 12 days out, if it's negative, it will likely remain negative.  And the symptoms are all probably something else, since there's a general consensus that if you have enough HCG to have symptoms, you have enough to get a positive on a test.

I'm sorry, I wish I had something more hopeful to say.  I have found that once I've had a couple days to grieve for a failed cycle, I can start to feel hopeful about the next cycle. 

I understand that this is a crazy roller coaster.  I'm living it too.  Take good care of yourself.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Well my cycle came roaring its head Yesterday 10/1. I was having some weird spotting before hand. My doctor has switched me to Letrozole this cycle upon my request. Really hoping it works and I don't have as many side effects. Hoping this 2nd IUI works. We decided we're going to take a break for the holidays before we start again. Hope everyone else has better luck!
    25Yo Female
    23 Yo Male
    TTC for 2+ years