Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Told I will miscarry according to blood test

First time writing anything like this but I have been searching for answers and going crazy and it's the weekend so can't do anything about it until Monday. I am 11 weeks according to the start of my last period. I went in for my second obgyn appt on Tuesday and she tried to find the heartbeat with a fetal Doppler but could not find anything. I have not had any sort of scan or ultra sound or anything this is the first time trying to find the heartbeat. Was sent to get blood work on both Tuesday and Thursday. She said i may not be as far along as thought. But Friday I got a call and was told my harmones dropped and to expect a miscarriage. I have no symptoms of anything besides being really tired and fatigued, my breasts aren't as tender and some discharge that still is white. Is this normal. I'm going crazy since I can't get an ultra sound to varify but the nurse said she was 99% sure this will happen.

Re: Told I will miscarry according to blood test

• Options
    Yes they can tell based your hcg levels which are determined from blood draws. You should be rising in hcg not dropping.

At 11 weeks if your doctor could not find a heartbeat with a doppler at your appt you should have immediately been sent for an ultrasound. There you would have got more info.

I was almost 12 weeks when the same thing happened : no heartbeat with the doppler at my appt. The ultrasound showed the baby quit developing at 9 weeks and had no heartbeat.

Demand an ultrasound if no bleeding starts and then take it from there.IF you are miscarrying it may happw naturally or with a d&c.

Either way or of course if your dates are off and you have a healthy baby...I would be finding a new doctor.
  • Options
    I agree with previous post you should have had an ultrasound to verify the findings. I would request one.