Babies on the Brain

Quick Intro & Hello

Hey guys!

I've been creeping on this board for a while now and finally got around to signing up for an official account so I can chime in. :)

The hubs and I have been talking about TTC for about a year now. We have almost everything on our baby bucket list completed, but we're taking one more year to travel a bunch more and find the right house. Probably sometime next summer we'll get on the baby train. I'm thinking July-ish.

In the meantime, we are both crazy with the baby brain. Luckily we have plenty of friends with kids who we can shop for! We've already decided on all the names and backup names, and now it's just a matter of time.

I feel like I'm in this weird limbo situation where one group of my friends has all had kids, several of them even on their second, and the other group is not even thinking about babies yet. Anyone else running in to that conundrum? I'm going to be late and early at the same time! 

I'm also the first business woman in a family full of people who typically have kids very early, so my mother and grandmother are like "Come ONNN, already!" Gotta love peer pressure, right?

Re: Quick Intro & Hello

• Welcome. My parents in-law used to put a bit pressure on us, especially when my brother in-law got another kid. They were a couple of times convinced that I was pregnant for stupid reasons. Luckily their youngest is 3 years old now, so we hardly had any questions about it for the last 3 years. Good luck with the waiting ;)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Welcome! I also have two main groups of friends. One group where everyone are married and either have kids or are pregnant. And another group with mostly dink couples and single people. We'll stick out no matter what we do.:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome! I know what you mean about the pressure. My grandmother - in-law keeps dropping "hints", as does my mom. DH and I laugh about it, but it makes waiting a bit more difficult for me!
    I look forward to seeing you around on the boards. :)
  • Hello and welcome! We have those groups of friends too either the ones who are expecting or have babies or the single ones lol.
  • Welcome! What are your travel plans? We're doing one last big trip as well (Amsterdam in March) though we may start trying a few months before.
  • Thanks, guys! It's good to know we're not the only ones hanging out here in mid/late 20s friend limbo. :)

@Xstatic3333 We are mostly trying to do things that would be harder/impossible with a kid. We're heading to Carnival this year (finally!!), and I want to get to Thailand and Rome in the spring. The rest will probably be semi-spontaneous. 

I hope you guys have an amazing time in Amsterdam! We were there earlier this year and I decided quickly that it is one of my all time favorite places. I wish we could have spent more time there. 
  • maddaddam said:

Thanks, guys! It's good to know we're not the only ones hanging out here in mid/late 20s friend limbo. :)

@Xstatic3333 We are mostly trying to do things that would be harder/impossible with a kid. We're heading to Carnival this year (finally!!), and I want to get to Thailand and Rome in the spring. The rest will probably be semi-spontaneous. 

I hope you guys have an amazing time in Amsterdam! We were there earlier this year and I decided quickly that it is one of my all time favorite places. I wish we could have spent more time there. 
    Oh wow! Three amazing trips! Thailand is very high on my list but I can't get H excited about it for some reason. We've still never been to Asia, but when we do it'll most likely be Hong Kong or Tokyo first. Glad you guys liked Amsterdam! I've heard only amazing things. We are also thinking of a night or two in Belgium.