Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gassy Baby

My poor little guy is super gassy all day long. He will grunt in his sleep and he seems to be fine after he lets one out. During breast feeding, he will start to cry out of nowhere until he can let one or a few out. Does anyone else have this issue? I've tried gripe water, which seems to have helped some, but not much.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Gassy Baby

• Thank you! I heard about it, and I may just try it!
  • What PP said, the drops can be a life-saver! When he's having a gassy day I add them to all of his bottles for the remainder of the day..

I haven't figured out if it's something in my diet or if he's just a gassy little man.
  • Same here, when it started I cut out dairy, then dairy and wheat, wasn't eating any soy or chocolate either. Nothing worked and I was down to grilled chicken, rice, and broccoli. He never got any rash so I gave up on food sensitivity theory. I think he just gulps air when he eats and has a sensitive belly.
  • No rashes here either, just a gassy munchkin. At this point I'm thinking his gassy behavior is inherited
  • I gave up dairy as well, and he still was gassy! It's so hard to really know what foods make him gassy because I feel like I'll end up eating... Nothing! Gripe water helped a little, so I guess that's what we will keep doing for now. Thank you, ladies!