March 2016 Moms

Does Babies R Us ever have furniture sales?

edited September 2015 in March 2016 Moms
I haven't been in the market for nursery furniture for oh, 7+ years, so I don't remember, but does babies r us ever run nursery furniture sales?   I feel like I remember seeing promotions in the past, like buy more, save more, etc.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I found a set that I like but I have a few months before I need to order it so I'm wondering if I should wait.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does Babies R Us ever have furniture sales?

• I'm not sure but I'm going tomorrow I'll try find out and get back to you!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Went to Buy Buy Baby today and they had a furniture clearance section in the back- check them out if you have one near you. But I wonder if Babies R Us has Black Friday deals or Cyber Monday specials, if you can wait til then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies r us also does the trade in event where they give you a coupon for old baby items you aren't using anymore don't know if that would help. I do know they regularly have coupons on their furniture pieces I would look online if not talk to a manager and see if they'll give you a discount if you are buying more than one piece. I always ask for discounts at stores since the worst thing they could tell you is no but in my experience most retailers would rather give you a discount than lose the sale. Good luck shopping for furniture.
  • They sometimes have 15% off. I'd wait a bit longer.Watch there ads mine come in mail. Try signing up online for it. They also should show on website.I usually get one in mail every couple. The last one had travel systems and bathing that came last week.
  • Check Amazon too....I found the crib I wanted in the store, and the EXACT same crib on Amazon was $150 cheaper. We just ordered our Crib, glider/ottoman, and a new area rug online and saved around $800...... :)

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• We found a set from baby's r us online that we love too! It a crib that converts into a toer bed and then into a day bed. Anyone every buy a convertible bed like this? Are they worth it? Do they last?
  • JLaVO888 said:
    We found a set from baby's r us online that we love too! It a crib that converts into a toer bed and then into a day bed. Anyone every buy a convertible bed like this? Are they worth it? Do they last?
    We knew we wanted at least a few kids, so opted to do a traditional crib and nursery set in white and keep it as our nursery furniture.  From there we've always bought the boys 'big boy furniture' when they transitioned out of the crib and nursery.  This time around I seriously doubt DS3 will be out of his crib when baby 4 comes so we're planning to buy the convertible crib and furniture set for him.  That way he can use it as a crib for as long as he wants and we'll already have the rest his furniture set.  The baby will get the nursery furniture until she's older and ready for her own set of furniture, at which time we'll be done with the nursery furniture!!  It has actually held up well despite being from Target and JCPenny, but it is fairly small scaled, it wouldn't really be enough space for older children's clothes.  
  • @FutureMrsCaesar I went on Saturday but forgot to ask. Was too excited I guess to do my very first registry ever! So I know I said I'd get back to you but sorry it's not with an answer!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Get on their mailing list. My husbands employee just gave us a mailer she got. One of the coupons was 20% off all nursery furniture in October
  • Also, you probably already know this but make sure you put the furniture on your registry to get the kick back gift card at the end!
  • I believe Babies R Us has furniture 15% off right now if it's over $599... Not sure if sales are national but I'm in NY and this is going until October 31!
  • Yes thanks I saw that on their website.  It's 20% off all furniture purchases 499 and over.  We'll be ordering soon, once we figure out exactly which pieces we want.  I told DH it feels so 'real' to be ordering furniture.  Kind of freaks me out!
  • I went to BRU yesterday with a buy buy baby 20% coupon. She said they couldn't take it, but still gave me 20% off the crib. She also told me if you have an "us card" you get 10% off every Thursday. Likes others said, price check and match!