1st Trimester
Options

Hit by the exhausted bus!

Hi mommas and mommas-to-be,

I'm currently 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I feel like I got hit by the exhausted bus. I am so tired. I'm a marathon runner who's been keeping it easy the past few months because I was supposed to have hip surgery. Well, thanks to keeping it low key I got my monthly cycle again and voila, I'm not pregnant! Surgery is therefore cancelled. Super yay because I'm pregnant and I can't wait to me our baby! But in the interim, I feel like I just ran a marathon every day. I'm sore. Tired. And achy. I can't muster up the energy to do much. I hit the gym every other day and even that is a chore. This is so unlike my normal activity and general mood level.

Anyone else experiencing this level of fatigue?

Valerie

Re: Hit by the exhausted bus!

• Options
    Everyday I come home and flop on the couch.  It's a shame, too, because the weather is so nice here right now.  I figure if I open the windows and lay on the couch I'm enjoying it, right?  I even nap all weekend, which I hate.  But I've got to rest up for the week ahead.

I had surgery and got pregnant about two months after, so I've been on an exhaustion roller coaster for a while now.  But I'm 9wk5d today, and I think it's getting a little better each day.  
  • Options
    tiffanyrae16tiffanyrae16 member
    edited September 2015
    I'm with you on this one.  I'm currently 11 weeks and have been exhausted for the last month I would say.  I can't wait to get home from work to plop down on the couch.

I wish I had more energy - my poor pup hasn't been out for a walk in a long time.  There's so much housework that is piling up.  My fiancé is helping out the best he can, but I just want to have the energy to do stuff!! 

Hoping the second trimester gives me a boost!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just hit 7 weeks and the last two weeks I've been taking almost daily naps. Yesterday's nap was a record(for me) four hour and 45 mins. Which I'm not sure it's considered a nap at that point. I hope I can get some energy back soon though. Any exercise you can get is helpful for your energy level though so good job with being able to get off the couch/out of bed and hitting the gym. You're an inspiration!