February 2016 Moms

Registry info on shower invite?

Do you think it is tacky or practical to include registry info discreetly on the back of a baby shower invite?

Re: Registry info on shower invite?

• I think that's how you are supposed to do it. My aunt was pushing us to get the registry done so she could put this info on the invites. She can't send out the invites without the registry.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Many registries give you small cards to add in with the invite.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always thought that's how it was supposed to be done. If I got an invitation without it I would be calling the host anyway to see where they were registered.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not tacky.  Especially since you aren't the one sending out the invites.  
  • Usually you put it on the bottom somewhere, I wouldn't make that the cover on the invite but otherwise not tacky. They need to know plus otherwise they might think you're not and shop wherever for whatever they think you may need.
    I hate calling the hosts if it's someone I don't know and asking questions.
  • Thanks ladies :)
  • Ours is two-sided and we put it on the back side. It just says "Erin is registered at buybuyBABY and Amazon"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• I have heard people say it's tacky around here, but to me it's totally practical.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't think it's tacky at all. I like having an idea on what the mother to be needs/wants.
  • Since I'm not Emily Post, I googled it. Came up with this: "Gift registry information can be included. Hosts should never insist guests use the registry; it is solely the guest's decision what they give the mom-to-be."

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Every shower I've been to usually tells you where they are registered! Never thought it was tacky. It's helpful for the guest cause then they won't all get the same thing or they'll see what you actually want/need. If they decide to use it or not is up to them!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TBH though, people don't really stick to registries for baby showers.  They tend to just buy people what worked for them, clothes, or toys.  It's kind of pain, but I've noticed that's how it works.  
  • I've always read that it's okay to include it with but not on the invite.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker