Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Positive blood test followed by negative blood test

My period is 30 days late. Two days ago I was given a blood test and told I was pregnant. Today I had my blood taken again and was called and told my blood test was negative meaning I've miscarried. I'm new to all of this and was in shock so I didn't think to ask about my numbers. I'm not bleeding at all. Can it really change that quickly? Is there any chance for error? I thought it would take longer for levels to disappear? And why am I not bleeding?

Re: Positive blood test followed by negative blood test

• Options
    It can change quickly, but without the actual numbers it's hard to help you with your quetsions.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss.

You could call your doctor's office back and find out your actual numbers. With the blood draws they are looking for your beta levels to approx. double every 48 hours. If your numbers did not rise at all, or if the number dropped, they may suspect miscarriage, or a chemical pregnancy.

I had a mmc in December - the baby had stopped developing around 9 weeks, but was not discovered until my NT scan at 12 weeks. I had no bleeding at all. Unfortunately, it does happen that you would not have typical signs of miscarriage - if this continues to be your case, follow up with your doctor.