2nd Trimester
Options

My first pregnacy

Hey I was wondering and I wanted a few opinions. Should I do a baby shower it's my first pregnancy and how early should I do it.

Re: My first pregnacy

• Options
    mileidy12 said:

Hey I was wondering and I wanted a few opinions. Should I do a baby shower it's my first pregnancy and how early should I do it.

It's tacky to throw your own. A baby shower is a gift-giving event so hosting your own looks really selfish. It's typically the mom-to-be's mom or best friend that throw it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fiancé wants to throw one for me but i don't know if I want one.
  • Options
    mileidy12 said:

My fiancé wants to throw one for me but i don't know if I want one.

It is also frowned upon for the Father-to-Be to throw a shower.
  • Options
    Well I guess I won't be the first person who baby father does the baby shower. Don't like to depend on other people.
  • Options
    Thank and yeah but I just don't like other people doing things for me , I had my parents wanting to do it but I just don't like depending on someone to throw me a shower I went through a lot when I depended on people you know. The only person I said yes to was my fiancé and he's really excited to throw it for me I really didn't want a shower or anything but is something sweet coming out of him so why not have him surprise me.
  • Options
    mileidy12 said:
    Thank and yeah but I just don't like other people doing things for me , I had my parents wanting to do it but I just don't like depending on someone to throw me a shower I went through a lot when I depended on people you know. The only person I said yes to was my fiancé and he's really excited to throw it for me I really didn't want a shower or anything but is something sweet coming out of him so why not have him surprise me.
    If you don't like people doing anything for you why are you letting your fiance do it? What makes him any different from your parents? Both are wanting to do something nice for you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Assuming your fiancé is the father of the baby, it would be the same as you throwing a shower for yourself. It's considered bad form for someone to throw themselves a shower (again, assuming your fiancé is the dad-to-be, the gifts received will benefit him as well).

A shower is a gift that someone gives you, not one that you give yourself. If your parents have offered, I'd let them know you had a change of heart and ask if they'd mind taking the lead on planning the shower.

I also don't understand how you can justify the mentality of not depending on others while still depending on them to buy you gifts and come to the shower you plan? Sounds like you just want to have things your way. If that's the case, just be honest about it (not that it makes it any better).

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Private messaged
  • Options
    mileidy12 said:

Question. Would you allow your fiancé to throw you a birthday party and to have a gift registry for the party and expect your guests to bring gifts to the party? Because that's essentially what you're talking about doing.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So, is there anyone else that's 18 or near it. Having their first baby. I really need someone around my age to talk to..
  • Options
    Why not have the fiancé work together with the parents to plan and throw it? Then everyone's happy
  • Options
    mileidy12mileidy12 member
    edited October 2015
    *Removed due to TOU Violation*
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:
    Lmao. Thanks for that giggle. I've been gone for a week but that was pretty great! And yes, if you're going to call someone a dumb ass, at least spell it correctly! :)) And I quote "why not have him surprise me" hahha
    Is it still a surprise if you know about it?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    kynbar5 said:
    Lmao. Thanks for that giggle. I've been gone for a week but that was pretty great! And yes, if you're going to call someone a dumb ass, at least spell it correctly! :)) And I quote "why not have him surprise me" hahha
    Is it still a surprise if you know about it?
    Buffy gifs are amazing. 

Zombies gonna zombie, but let your parents throw the shower if they want to, not your fiance.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.