February 2016 Moms

Free Sams Club Membership

hey ladies! I thought I would introduce myself and also share a great deal I found while lurking on the December 15 board! First off I have been reading everything for the past few months and have just gotten the courage to post. But I will be 18 weeks this Friday, Due date Feb 26th. I love the support here and thought I would share a great deal I found!

I was reading the December 15 board and saw a post about a Sams club yearly membership for free so I did some digging and it's legit! I called my local Sams to make sure they honored it before I followed the directions and they said they do! I'll post the link of directions below, but just a heads up you will need a lot of patience to do this! The lines are crazy busy and you will probably get a busy signal. Keep calling until you get the Elevator music! Once you do, don't hang up! I was on hold for 40 minutes tonight before I got through. So make sure you have time. Hope this might help some of you ladies out! :)

https://hip2save.com/2015/09/21/hot-free-sams-club-annual-membership-for-new-or-pregnant-moms-just-call-to-activate/

Re: Free Sams Club Membership

• You were lucky. I've tried several times and haven't gotten through to a person yet.
  • A lot of others I know are having trouble too. I called like 15 times in a row and got the busy signal every time and finally got through. I'm sure it's even more busy at night now when most people actually have the time to wait on hold. I hope you get through soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had heard about this, but was worried about it being a scam so I didn't call. I also don't have 40 minutes to sit on hold... too bad because I would love this. I've asked for a membership to either Sams or Costco for Christmas lol.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is a long time to wait. I folded laundry and cleaned my kitchen with my phone on speaker the whole time so I could get things done while I waited. Most people said it took them 20 minutes to get through. So it probably depends on the time of day you call too. It would definitely be worth it! That's a good Christmas present idea. I'll have to remember that! Haha
  • I'm gonna need it for sure. Our boys eat non-stop and having three in diapers will be no joke!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just called and I was on hold for an hour but it's legit! :)

• That's awesome! I'm pretty sure they were doing it right in my Walmart today. If I wasn't such a hermit I may have said something to them and found out what was going on lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Busy signal... I Wonder if Costco was "price match" this deal?
  • I got thru but only after hitting zero a couple times after the initial "press 2" and they transferred me to a rep. There has been such high demand though, they are mailing out offers now and we should receive by Oct. 15th instead of same day. I've also heard that if you call your local store they will tell you just to come in and they will offer it, so I'm going to try that tonight or tomorrow to see if I can get my membership faster. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tabauder said:
    Busy signal... I Wonder if Costco was "price match" this deal?
    I wish! Our closest Sam's is over an hour, but they just built a Costco that's "only" 40 minutes away haha.
  • I'm going to look into this later tonight. Does anyone know if they will honor it for renewals as well? I have a membership but it expires in October.
  • Jamiern01 said:

I'm going to look into this later tonight. Does anyone know if they will honor it for renewals as well? I have a membership but it expires in October.

My guess is with it expiring in October that would work perfect. Because mine will be mailed to me by October 15th like @ashcody2 said and just has to be claimed by November 15th! So I'm sure you could get that to work!
  • tabauder said:

Busy signal... I Wonder if Costco was "price match" this deal?

Just got off the phone with Costco and they are not matching the Sam's Club deal. I expected that but still wanted to try.
  • I got through by pressing "2" then "00." They told me October 15th also.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• i can't get through for the life of me.........GRRRRRR
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sam's club isn't convenient for me, I think the closet one is almost an hour away.. Is there a big difference between it and Costco?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Sam's club isn't convenient for me, I think the closet one is almost an hour away.. Is there a big difference between it and Costco?
    I don't know personally, I have heard a lot of people love the Costco brand diapers (I think it's Kirkland), their wipes and just in general that brand for a lot of products. Costco isn't convenient for me where I'm at but Sam's Clubs is maybe 15 mins. from my house so I totally want to give it a shot. We had a membership to Costco (my husband split it with a friend/co-worker of his) and I literally didn't go even once since it was about 45 mins away and I'm not about to tote a 2 year old along lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ashcody2 yeah, I wouldn't do that either! I just looked it up and apparently it's only 20 min from me, but still not as convenient as my 2 mile drive to Costco

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Thank you, @SU1989, for posting this! I did what @ashcody2 did, pressed '0' a few times after pressing '2', and was put on hold for maybe 10-15 minutes. I should be receiving my membership information between now and October 15th! :D
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • No problem! So glad some of you have been able to get through to take advantage of this! :)
  • I was able to goto the store without calling the 1888 number and I got it!
  • I tried calling today and never got put on hold. Instead I just got a busy signal after going through the options. I tried calling multiple times. 

• Vkrosa said:

I was able to goto the store without calling the 1888 number and I got it!

Do they give you the membership right away if you go to the store? It would be nice to go, get the membership and start shopping all in the same trip!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • No, you have to wait for the letter to come in the mail and bring the letter to Sam's Club in order to get your ID membership card,
  • I called them today and was on hold for about 20 minutes, pretty simple. Except I was in the shower when they answered and the lady was highly confused when my SO requested a new mom membership lol.

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• egraves4 said:

I called them today and was on hold for about 20 minutes, pretty simple. Except I was in the shower when they answered and the lady was highly confused when my SO requested a new mom membership lol.

That's hysterical!
  • I'm up in Northern Az and walked in and up to the membership counter asked for the new moms deal and they signed me up. My DDs and I went shopping that day.
  • I called tonight and used option 2, then waited for it to connect me to a rep. It took about 20 mins for them to pick up. She was super nice and told me to expect my letter by the 15th. Thanks @SU1989 for posting this for us!