June 2015 Moms

Social Outings and Other Adventures!

I thought it might be fun to start a thread about where you and LO are going or what you are doing during the day. Bonus points if you have pictures of the adventure!

Re: Social Outings and Other Adventures!

• Loading the player...
  • LO and I went to mommy and me music class this morning. I was hesitant to go but he loved it! At 10.5 weeks he smiled and looked around at the other babies the whole time. He got sleepy the last bit but still had his eyes open taking everything in. Can't wait till next week! after nap time we're going on our daily walk.
  • So embarrassing but I have only left the house once alone with LO to go to target. I have had my in laws staying with us so I leave him with them when I go out. They leave in a few weeks though so I will have to start going out with him. Not sure why it makes me so nervous. I keep saying I'm going to go to this new moms group them I chicken out.
  • @AlwaysSunny1012 you know where is a good place to go with LO? Stop by the peds office for a weight check. Guaranteed the staff is going to go baby crazy for him, you can talk to some adults for a little while, and its a quick thing, so you don't have to worry about being out too long and him freaking out. Even if he did freak out, its a pediatrician's office - they are used to babies crying. Its a nice warming up to actual outings exercise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AlwaysSunny1012 Plus the more you go out the easier it gets! You've got this girl!!!

Agreed. Maybe even just going out to Starbucks or hitting the McD's drive thru, then sitting in a park while you enjoy your coffee or Sausage McMuffin. You can go back home when its done, or not.
  • I feel ya @AlwaysSunny1012 . My LO is 14 weeks tomorrow and I still get crazy anxious when I go out with him. Nothing bad has ever happened but I hate it when he gets upset when we're out. Not because I'm worried about other people but because I usually can't 'fix' things like I can at home. It's harder on him and he chokes more when I BF him when we're out, i often struggle to get him to sleep because he's to interested in his surroundings but he'll be over tired. I also wonder if cruzing backwards in his stroller while making lots of turns, like when shopping, makes him feel sick because he often gets upset and wants to be carried. He doesn't mind car rides but almost always it seems like I pull over for something. I know it's harder on me than it is on him, so I keep taking him out but I HATE it most of the time. Starbucks down the street has been good practice tho :)
  • LO and I went garage sailing today. Almost 2 hours of being out of the house, driving around, talking to people... And the only thing I bought was a 'wife beater' tank top for myself at the bargian price of $.25 because I liked the decal on the front. I'm glad we went out, but at the same time, what a waste. I was hoping to find something interesting for LO, but noone really had kid stuff out today. At least it gave me a polite excuse to not buy anything - "I was really looking for stuff for him, but you don't have much kid stuff. Oh well, it was nice chatting with you".
    Gripe - a storage place advertised in the paper about a storage unit sale listing children's area rugs, kids furniture, and toys. I went there first and - nothing. Not a damned thing. They weren't having the sale, I guess. I spoke with some other people at the next place, and they say that the owner does that all the time, advertise but then not actually have the sale. Wth, man. [-(
  • We do a lot of shopping and park trips with big sister (3 y.o.). We have been to the beach a lot, to the state fair, we have been to the zoo twice. Tomorrow we are taking her to the movies for the first time with big sis.
  • Do breweries let infants in? Want to go to a few next week
  • slr1229 said:

Do breweries let infants in? Want to go to a few next week

:-h I've been in 2 taprooms in breweries. I don't think they would mind if you took a tour with one, either. Screw it, I like beer and I'm not going to put my life on hold because I have a kid. Just go on in. (I do leave if LO starts to get cranky and I can't fix it easily, tho. That's just courtesy from post-baby me to people who are like pre-baby me.)
  • 7425cait7425cait member
    edited September 2015
    ^^we all know @mellymar and I are pro breweries :-P. I have taken LO to taprooms before, and have seen others with babies and breweries and the like. I will also take DD out if she gets extra fussy.

We have always taken DD with us everywhere. We are probably those annoying people with a baby, but I agree my life shouldn't stop just because I had a baby. Thankfully she's always been excellent in public. Just one major meltdown in a target. This upcoming week we are going to visit my coworkers, a beer garden for a friends birthday, Oktobeerfest at my moms, and then to Cancun.

Eta: my full post didn't post for some reason.
  • ^^^ yup. Like @cait7425 I have also seen someone other than me with a baby in a taproom. It was a little older than mine, to be sure, but the lady was still baby wearing. When I walked into one place (Titletown Brewing) there was a family with two toddlers there. I went and took LO and sat at a table next to them. Trying to designate that area of the taproom as familyland, I guess.
    @slr1229 it might also depend on what time of day you are going. When we have gone, its been midday each time, and have never been there later than maybe 4 or 430pm. So in the larger places at that time (11am to 3-4pm ish) you're more likely to see others with children.
  • @mellymar his cheeks are getting chubby! Love it!
  • @mellymar he seriously is your mini me!!!!
  • I miss going places! I took LO everywhere and then I broke my right foot (which I've bitched about several places on here). He is so well behaved out usually. We've had some people pick us up and take us to lunch and the store this week so that's been fun. I will say when sitting still in the stroller he doesn't stay as content as he used to and now wants out so he can sit up and see more things.
  • Omg @rklinge0 she is so precoius!!!!! What a cutie