Infertility

Dying to test!

I had my trigger shot 10 days ago. I likely ovulated 8 or 9 days ago. I had two IUIs 8 & 9 days ago. I have blood work on Monday (5 days away) but I'm not sure I can make it through the weekend!!

When is a realistic time to test after an hcg/IUI round?! I have 3 FRER tests locked and loaded.

Re: Dying to test!

• I didn't want to waste a pregnancy test so I took an ovulation test. Is the faint line from leftover hcg shot?
  • Some ladies keep a low level of LH hormone (the one that turns OPKs) in their system at all times. The only way to know if the trigger is out is by testing out of the trigger. I would also getting some Wondfo's. You can get a pack of 50 OPK and 20 HPT for only 20 bucks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 9 days post trigger. 7 and 8 dpiui. I had a faint line yesterday and nothing today so I know my trigger is out. The wait is so hard!!!
  • I've been told by my doc to not test until at least 2 weeks after the trigger shot since the leftover hormones can cause a false positive.  I know it's hard to wait, but honestly, running through a bunch of tests too early is not worth it.  Either it's positive and you can't trust it or it's negative and you feel crushed but hopeful. 

Good luck to you!
  • I think you and I triggered and had IUIs on the same day. I'm due for bloodwork Monday too!
    I couldn't wait and took - pregnancy test yesterday and the day before. Both were negative which was so depressing. I'm blaming it on testing early? Hang in there! Thinking of you and wishing you positive BFPs!
  • I hear you @elle4127! I am 10 dpo and had our first iui on Saturday the 12th. My beta is scheduled for this Friday. The only thing preventing me from testing is being on the road for work. I am completely guilting of Google search overload on symptoms. Hoping for the best. Good luck!
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh there is still major hope for you!!! That's super early. I am going to test tomorrow am on a FRER unless I can hold back the urge. I wouldn't lose hope until you start your period or the blood test Monday!!
  • Glad to have someone else in the exact same boat. Fingers crossed for yall!!