Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday

2»

Re: TWW Wednesday

• @MNturnsVA actually if you have a shorter LP it means you test "later". These HPTs are based off a 14 day LP so when they say 5 days before missed period they mean 9 DPO. I have a 12 day LP so I have to wait till 3 days before AF if I wanna start testing. It's annoying but I look at it as a positive. I don't have to wait as long in my TWW as someone with a 14 day LP for AF.
  • ladeuce13ladeuce13 member
    edited September 2015
    MNturnsVA said:

@ladeuce13- wow, I just saw how long you have been TTC.  I can totally understand why you'd be so hopeful for this month.  I'd totally love to hear more details about your journey, if you don't mind sharing.  How old are you? Why were you not temping before and what got you to start? I just really find it helpful to hear more about other people's journeys through this process so I don't get too excited about anything happening immediately.  This is month 5 for us and i've been 35 for a month.  If we don't get lucky this month, I'm going to get some blood tests done and I'm getting an ultrasound done on friday but that was really for something that has gone away.  I'm still going though because my insurance is getting ready to change on 10/1 and everything is going to cost me more after that. 

Thanks for the questions :)

My H and I decided to start trying just before our wedding last year. I'm 37 and he's 44, so we wanted to get things going, since we're not getting any younger. I was using an app called P Tracker (or Period Tracker, I can't remember) and it would show me my FW and when I could expect AF, so I really just used that for the first 9 months or so. It adjusts based on the info you enter, so it wasn't just expecting me to O on day 14. However, I don't think it would be able to take into account short LPs.

Anyways . . . when it wasn't happening for us, H kept saying "oh, it's probably my old balls" (LOL) but that didn't help me feel any better, so he finally went for SA. Everything came back fine. I'd been lurking on here with no account, and finally decided that I would start temping and read TCOYF. Wow. I didn't realize how little I knew about my own body!! Being a massive creature of habit, temping hasn't been hard for me to do. 

I'm in the same boat as you - if we don't get a BFP this month, I'll go get my bloodwork done and go from there. 

I never wanted kids until I met my husband. He is the most amazing man and would be an excellent dad. If I'd known how hard it would be to get pregnant, maybe I wouldn't have worked so hard to prevent it for all those years. Oh well. Life goes on. Keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get there soon.

(edited: fixed qbf)
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 26/6

Timing: O+1 since FF moved my CHs

Testing Plans: Saturday because of a party then not until after AF is due

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: not TTC related, but my dog keeps shitting on my living room carpet. No one should have to clean poop up at 7:30 before morning coffee.

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person? I call it organized chaos, I can find everything and DH can't. My house is clean, but not the most organized.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Month/Cycle:  12/9

CD/DPO:  DPO 10

Timing: O-3, O

Testing Plans:  I want to POAS later today.  And then tomorrow morning.  I am out of Wondfo HPTs and my new batch should come in the mail today.  So I'm just impatiently waiting...  

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk:  Not that it means anything, but my body is notorious for ramp-up spotting starting around DPO 8.  I'm not DPO 10 with absolutely zeeeero spotting.  Woohoo!  This is the first time since January that this has happened.  Even if it doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy, it sure is nice not to spot for an entire week before my full flow...

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person?   It depends on which room you're talking about, haha!  I tend to keep the downstairs (mostly the living room) in good order.  But our bedroom, well, that's another story...

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27

• ladeuce13 said:
    Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I keep saying I don't have much hope this month, but that's BS. Even though we only BD'd once during FW, I'm really hoping that that is all it takes this month. It's been a freakin' year, man! 
    This month is a year for us too!  FX for both of us. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 26 | DH: 27

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 21/5

Timing: -4, -2, -1

Testing Plans: Hopefully 10 dpo

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: Nothing much here....this seems like the week that will never end!

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person? Both. My classroom is always immaculate and everything in its spot. My house is a totally different story, when I am in the middle of a sports season it is a hot mess. I just had the conversation with DH last night that he needs to step it up with helping out around the house since I am out for 12 hours a day.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD/DPO: 35/10

Timing: good

Testing Plans: have already so far bfn

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: my temp went back up a bit this morning....

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person? I can be both. I am mostly clean just unorganized
  • @bubblegum5586- Yea, its hard when you are just starting to chart.  Shoot I'm sure some of the ladies that have been temping for longer than either you or I still get frustrated by it somedays.  FF was doing that to me as well about changing the O date when I put info in about CM.  As this was my first month really paying attention to that and I'm still clueless, I decided to leave the CM out and go with that until I feel more confident about what I'm seeing.  Hang in there girl!!

@adiaz132003- So I'm still confused.....what day would i test on then?

@ladeuce13-thank you for answering!! We are very close in age! My DH will be 43 this Oct.  Glad you found somebody who makes you happy and is wonderful!  We'll be doing a SA for DH before the year ends if we haven't gotten lucky yet.  I know what you mean about preventing too.  I'm wishing that I would have stopped BC sooner and started temping before even when we weren't quite ready to be serious about TTC.  At least I would have a better idea of what's going on with my body and all that.  But, is what it is! I truly hope your stay here is short!!
  • Well, today has become CD1, so I'm officially out. Best of luck to all you ladies still in the TWW!

@MNturnsVA: thanks :) To answer your question about testing, if you can, I'd wait until AF is due, given an LP of 11. If you want to test earlier, I wouldn't go earlier than 9DPO since implantation on average is between 7-10DPO regardless of LP length. FX!
  • crdo said:

Well, today has become CD1, so I'm officially out. Best of luck to all you ladies still in the TWW!

@MNturnsVA: thanks :) To answer your question about testing, if you can, I'd wait until AF is due, given an LP of 11. If you want to test earlier, I wouldn't go earlier than 9DPO since implantation on average is between 7-10DPO regardless of LP length. FX!

^^ this. As long as you are temping you should know how many DPO you are. If not then wait till you miss your period and test EOD or until AF shows up.
  • Newbie here! :)

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO:  20 / not sure, maybe 3-5 DPO (not temping, didn't use OPK)

Timing: EOD starting at CD10, ED after CD13, then DTD on +2 (had unexpected EWCM, so figured it wouldn't hurt to DTD again)

Testing Plans: waiting for AF expected in 10 days

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I've only been tracking my periods, and using the estimated O days in my app (I use Pink Pad). If I get BFN this month I'm going to start using an OPK.

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person?  I don't think I'm particularly either... We have two inside dogs, so it's hard for the house to stay clean longer than a day with all their hair! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • msdidonato are you in the DFW area?  I noticed your TCU tag :) 

Soooo I have been MIA this whole cycle.  I just didn't want to think about it.  And sometimes TB makes me think about it too much.   And now I am in the TWW and it's all I think about. DH texted me this morning when can I test again.  He is getting impatient. At least we can share that now too!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO:  19/4

Timing: -3; -1; 0; +1

Testing Plans: If I don't get my normal sore BB's at the beginning of next week - I may test 11 DPO. 

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: Not much.  Patience is not my virtue. 

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person? Clean.  And I hate clutter.  And I throw things out all the time.  Trash day is my favorite!  

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/7

Timing : -5, -4, -2, -1

Testing Plans: hoping I can hold out til 10dpo!

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: happy my temps are up still!

GTKY: Are you a clean or messy person? A little of both. I'm neurotic about my desk at work being clean but I'm not that good at keeping my car clean....
    Me: 27 
    Love of my life: 41 
    Step-mother to an amazing 13-year-old boy 
    TTC starting August 2015 

• @KOR1219 I went to TCU. I currently live in Houston though 

@MNturnsVA - I doubt that I O'd earlier. I have attached my chart for you. 

34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.