1st Trimester
Options

LOW HCG

hi ladies so I recently went to my doc and he said my hcg is at 84 and I'm supposedly 5 weeks. So the doc said the hcg is very low and I'm most likely miscarrying. Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel very "normal" I have no symptoms except the cramps and exhaustion. I'm kinda going crazy

Re: LOW HCG

• Options
    Hi! I'm sorry ur going through this! So unfortunately, yes that is extremely low for 5wks... But are u sure u are 5wks? Is it possible u ovulated late this cycle? If so, don't give up hope yet because it could just be a late bloomer! On the flip side, if u are in fact 5wks along it doesn't sound like this one will be viable :-( Keeping my fingers crossed for u!
  • Options
    Hopefully they re-draw you in 48-72 hours to see if it doubles and you will have an answer
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dchearddcheard member
    edited September 2015
    Hi I am sorry that this is happening to you-try stay positive. I know it's hard. I had low hcg levels last pregnancy and ended up having a miscarriage. Hoping that it doesn't happen to you!! Fingers crossed you just miscalculated your dates
  • Options
    Hi there - HCG levels vary for every woman. If everything is going as planned, then your HCG levels should be doubling every 48 hours. I am hoping the doctor had you get another blood test to compare the levels on the different days....? Good luck and keep us updated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi,

Unfortunately, if your dates are correct, that is a very low hcg.  My hcg was 161 at 5 weeks and I am miscarrying unfortunately.  But your doctor should check your hcg again in 48 hours; if it doubles, it is possible that you are just earlier along than you thought.  My hcg went down after 48 hours which confirmed the impending miscarriage.  

My fingers are crossed for you.
  • Options
    Hi ladies. Just an update I'll b going to find out my hcg numbers either tomoro or Monday but I went for an ultrasound and they saw the sac. The ultrasound guy said it's definitely less than 5 weeks and that everything looks ok right now. So I guess I just ovulated late I'll keep you posted on my hcg levels. @penelope4612 I'm really sorry you going through this :(
  • Options
    Awesome! So since ur sac was visible, ur hcg has to now be over 1500....otherwise no sac could be able to be seen. I had a feeling when i read ur original post that ur dating was just a bit off, so glad it all worked out for u! Congrats!