Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

No periods since chemical pregnancy...advice anyone?

Hey ladies, 
I just want to say that I am so sorry for your loss <3
I lost my baby at 5 weeks on April 18th I have PCOS but have always had pretty regular monthly periods...since my chemical pregnancy I haven't had any periods except for 1 in June that was induced with provera.  I have no had a period sine June 27th - everywhere I've read it says your periods are supposed to go right back to normal after a chemical pregnancy so I'm just so upset and I just can't understand why my cycle is SO messed up.  Could this miscarriage have made my PCOS worst?  I just don't understand it...My dr. is putting me back on Metformin (I haven't taken it since the miscarriage) and is giving me another round of provera to jumpstart my period again...I just don't know if this will be enough to get my periods back on track..any advice ladies? 

Re: No periods since chemical pregnancy...advice anyone?

• Options
    Hey! I have pcos too and I think the metformin will help regulate your periods. Especially if you were on it before and were having pretty regular periods. I don't really have any advice because I'm still in my first cycle after my chemical pregnancy. I do know that I haven't ovulated when I normally do. But after my last miscarriage at 11 weeks and a d and c my cycle returned to normal quickly. I never stopped metformin though.

So sorry for your loss. I hope your body gets back to normal soon!