August 2015 Moms

mommy meet-up

124»

Re: mommy meet-up

• @kelseyrayay I'm 10 min from the Georgia/Florida line!

Really! Where do you live at? Have you ever been to lake park?
    Maybe she's in tallahassee?! Lol .
    Nahhh no one lives there lol ;)
  • pabeybaby said:

pabeybaby said:

@kelseyrayray I'm just north of Atlanta. I had to look up where that is too. Definitely farther than I thought!

Where are you? I used to live there.
    Near the Kennesaw area. Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in Lawrenceville. Lived in Dawson for about five years then moved to KY where I'm at now. I miss GA though!
    My sister moved to KY! How do you like it? My sister isn't the biggest fan lol.
    I hate it!!! Lol! I don't like the country. I don't like small towns. There's nothing here. The county I'm in doesn't even have a Walmart. Wtf! I moved here because I have family here but I plan on moving to Florida in a few years. Hopefully.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll bet no one is near Tallahassee Florida lol. No one wants to live here!

I have family up there! I myself am in a city outside of Orlando, FL. 

We have family outside orlando. Deltona area. And some in Orlando, Ocala area, and I'm originally from pinellas park. Have more family in Tampa, pinellas, and oldsmar. #floridafamily

@kelseyrayay I'm 10 min from the Georgia/Florida line!

I'm telling the truth! Unless you are like 18 and attending FSU.. No serious or settled down people live here that get on boards.. It just doesn't happen. Our state Capitol should be in Orlando.. Not Tallahassee . No one comes to visit here!
  • pabeybaby said:

pabeybaby said:

pabeybaby said:

@kelseyrayray I'm just north of Atlanta. I had to look up where that is too. Definitely farther than I thought!

Where are you? I used to live there.
    Near the Kennesaw area. Where are you from?
    I was born and raised in Lawrenceville. Lived in Dawson for about five years then moved to KY where I'm at now. I miss GA though!
    My sister moved to KY! How do you like it? My sister isn't the biggest fan lol.
    I hate it!!! Lol! I don't like the country. I don't like small towns. There's nothing here. The county I'm in doesn't even have a Walmart. Wtf! I moved here because I have family here but I plan on moving to Florida in a few years. Hopefully.
    Haha! When my sister visits she seriously gets excited to see more than 3 lanes on the freeway. It's the little things... Hopefully you'll get to do that soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well at least if DH ever gets his way and moves us to FL, I can have some friends lol. His dad is in Madison and he is always telling me he wants to go.
  • @laylababe3 Owen will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I go back on the 22nd. I work in Amherst too! I used to live in Hamburg and commuted to Amherst, I hated the amount of time it took. I am going to be going back full time until June which is when my 401k will be fully vested then I will be looking to go part time. I can only imagine how crappy it's going to be to go back. Do you guys venture out a lot?

So you know my driving struggle.. lol. That morning commute with the 90/290 traffic is no joke! June isn't bad.. at least you have a time to look forward to when you know you can see your LO more! I keep hoping we win the lottery so I can stay home forever! If not, hopefully DH gets a raise and I can drop some hours..We try to get outside once a day, either to take a walk or do a grocery run. It's getting a lot easier to take him out into the world. How about you guys?
    I will usually try to go out somewhere like my sister's house or my parents' house while my fiancé is at work. We have taken him out together to places like the grocery store and this past weekend we took him to the zoo. He has been perfect when we go out but we typically feed Owen a bottle before we leave so he usually sleeps the majority of the time. Are you dreading going back to work just as bad as I am? I'm going to miss spending my day with him (even the days that he's been super fussy lol).

We have family outside orlando. Deltona area. And some in Orlando, Ocala area, and I'm originally from pinellas park. Have more family in Tampa, pinellas, and oldsmar. #floridafamily

@kelseyrayay I'm 10 min from the Georgia/Florida line!

I'm telling the truth! Unless you are like 18 and attending FSU.. No serious or settled down people live here that get on boards.. It just doesn't happen. Our state Capitol should be in Orlando.. Not Tallahassee . No one comes to visit here!

Apparently Tallahassee used to be a lot different when my mom grew up there. She was Little Miss Tallahassee in some parade when she was 3 lol. And she always tells me stories about how great everything was growing up. But I agree, Orlando is way better suited to be our Capitol! I live here and I always get confused thinking it is.
  • @messymolly08 - I've heard similar but I just can't see that! Wakulla springs area, yes. But not Tallahassee. Only recently has wakulla started to change and I'm resenting it. Not that I like living in FL anyway, lol. I prefer Tennessee
  • @messymolly08 - I've heard similar but I just can't see that! Wakulla springs area, yes. But not Tallahassee. Only recently has wakulla started to change and I'm resenting it. Not that I like living in FL anyway, lol. I prefer Tennessee

I absolutely cannot do the cold and I would die a slow death if I didn't live 45 min from Disney World, otherwise I would move up north. The last time I visited TN I marveled at the people there. SO much sweeter than floridians.
  • Really?! I can't imagine that. I live in MA and I love when we go visit FIL. We go for walks and everyone smiles and waves, they don't even know DH and I.

I absolutely cannot do the cold and I would die a slow death if I didn't live 45 min from Disney World, otherwise I would move up north. The last time I visited TN I marveled at the people there. SO much sweeter than floridians.

Funny story- I grew up in Pinellas park/Kenneth City. We moved to TN when I was 11, we could not believe how friendly people were up there. They waved at us, they stopped to invite us to their churches, to show us around; and offered to help show us places for rent/sale. I flipped out when we registered for school, and kids from my future class came in to say hi to me. Not because I was shy but because we just didn't do that in KC. Lol! When they asked for my phone number .. I was scared! Hahaha my friend, whom I'm still super close to even though I've been gone for years, still teases me over it. The rest still make fun of my "Florida accent" and not knowing what a mamaw and papaw were.. Lol.

Really?! I can't imagine that. I live in MA and I love when we go visit FIL. We go for walks and everyone smiles and waves, they don't even know DH and I.

Really depends on where you are at in FL honestly. Most places aren't. Lol.
  • Anyone in south Florida??

I will be in jupiter for Christmas.. I'm from florida, we moved to nc a year ago
  • I'm in central Florida so maybe that's the difference? I know there are some places that are more "southern" than others and the people I've met from there tend to be friendlier. But really, you wouldn't believe the amount of people that would almost run into me when I was 10 months pregnant and not say "excuse me." Or the amount of men who would cut ahead of me when walking into a building and not hold the door. I never noticed it before I got pregnant but damn! Common occurrence.

My husband and I always joke that we very strongly dislike other people because of their lack of manners but I think we maybe just need to move lol
  • @laylababe3 Owen will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I go back on the 22nd. I work in Amherst too! I used to live in Hamburg and commuted to Amherst, I hated the amount of time it took. I am going to be going back full time until June which is when my 401k will be fully vested then I will be looking to go part time. I can only imagine how crappy it's going to be to go back. Do you guys venture out a lot?
    So you know my driving struggle.. lol. That morning commute with the 90/290 traffic is no joke! June isn't bad.. at least you have a time to look forward to when you know you can see your LO more! I keep hoping we win the lottery so I can stay home forever! If not, hopefully DH gets a raise and I can drop some hours..We try to get outside once a day, either to take a walk or do a grocery run. It's getting a lot easier to take him out into the world. How about you guys?
    I will usually try to go out somewhere like my sister's house or my parents' house while my fiancé is at work. We have taken him out together to places like the grocery store and this past weekend we took him to the zoo. He has been perfect when we go out but we typically feed Owen a bottle before we leave so he usually sleeps the majority of the time. Are you dreading going back to work just as bad as I am? I'm going to miss spending my day with him (even the days that he's been super fussy lol).
    Nice! Sounds like he does pretty good out in the world :) I've been taking Patrick out a little more often this past week. I'm actually trying to find a job where I can work from home! I'm planning on at least going back for a month, but hopefully I have something else home based, or at least closer, by the time winter hits. No way I'm making that drive in the winter again.. sometimes it would take me 2 hours to get home at night when we get a snow storm!
  • @malonc2 I'm originally from Albany but now I live in the Charlotte area. So any NCers close id love to meet up. I have a great friend I met through my May '13 group.