Baby Names
Options

Foster

I know surnames aren't popular but beyond that, what does this name make you think of? Thanks!

Re: Foster

• Options
    MarchABCMarchABC member
    edited September 2015

The "Australian" beer that they don't have in Australia

Haha - that's what I said when I heard it too but then I wondered if kids in our children's generation would have that reference??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Foster Grant? Foster home?

NMS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think of a foster home. Not a good fit.

How about something like Parker, Carter, Cooper, Austin? I feel like those are a similar style but better lol
  • Options
    Foster was my great uncle's name. Now also my cousin's name. I see it the same way as I'd think of an Eleanor. Kind of old. Unique but not an illiterate unique.
  • Options
    The beer, Foster homes/kids, Foster and the people, Fosters home for Imaginary Friends, the hot dude from college with the surname Foster......
  • Options
    Odd in a bad way.
  • Options
    i know a guy named Foster and he goes by Foss. NMS but the name fits him perfectly.
  • Options
    I love the name foster. We are foster parents so my DH vetoed it saying it was too sad to change our little guy's name to this.
  • Options

The beer, Foster homes/kids, Foster and the people, Fosters home for Imaginary Friends, the hot dude from college with the surname Foster......

Aside from the college dude this. Although I knew a weird kid with the last name. Honestly as a first name my initial thought is wtf? It's just not a good first name

• Options
    I think of the beer. And the two dogs I have known with the name, both named after the beer.
  • Options
    MarchABCMarchABC member
    edited September 2015
    thanks all! I'm still oddly not opposed to it (despite all the good points made here) but I'll keep trying. /:)
  • Options
    I had a friend, his dads name was Foster. That's what I thought of first. Then Foster Grant. Then the beer. I wouldn't use it but I don't think its terrible and I wouldn't side eye you if I met you or your kid with this name
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    Aside from the college dude this. Although I knew a weird kid with the last name. Honestly as a first name my initial thought is wtf? It's just not a good first name
    same.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Some surnames work as first names and some don't.
    This one falls into the 'doesn't work' category.
  • Options
    I actually thought this was going to be a thread about a foster child's name.

This name, it's bad.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    I went to school with a girl named Forest and thought it would be cool on a boy, kind of has that same vibe?