Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Gripe Water

Has anyone tried using gripe water and has it worked? My 3 week old baby girl seems to be extremely uncomfortable when she's awake. I tried has drops and she still is very squirmy after eating when we are trying to burp her. I bought some today but haven't used it yet. Just looking for some stories from those who have used it. Thanks in advance!

Re: Gripe Water

• Options
    Are you bf? I used it for a Ff baby. Didn't help or harm from what I could tell. Baby had reflux & we had to get meds.
  • Options
    We got both gas drops and gripe water, when our babies were screaming with gas pains. We give them the gripe water when they're at their fussiest, and it's very interesting. They immediately stop what they're doing and try to suck the gripe water out of the syringe and then lick their lips. I spilled it the first time, and it's sticky like soda. Even if it's just a sweet distraction, it seems to give us some relief. We did have to switch to sensitive formula, and occasionally still have our squirmy moments, where we put them against our stomachs and prop their little ankles up to their tummies to help them work it out. I only use the drops and water when it gets tough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gripe Water works miracles with my 2 month old. He gets extremely uncomfortable with gas and screams with pains. We tried it with him and were surprised on how quickly and well it worked. I would highly recommend Gripe Water. Good Luck!
  • Options
    We use gas drops when he gets fussy and a hard belly. They make a world of difference! My sister bought them for us before he was born. Both her kids needed them. We didn't use them until after his surgery for pyloric stenosis, but they are fantastic! I add them to his pumped bottles on days he seems to need them, but he likes the taste so he will also take them right from the dropper too.
  • Options
    We use it when we just can't figure out what she is crying about. If we have tried feeding her, burping her, rocking her and anything else we can think of, we try the gripe water and it usually does the trick.