April 2016 Moms

BFM

Lets hear it! I can't be the only one having a sh!t day!

Re: BFM

• Jhmb2012Jhmb2012 member
    edited September 2015
    Sent the IT department a message at 7 this morning because I can't open a crucial application and I still haven't heard back. So frustrated! My to do list keeps growing and I can't work on anything!
  • I just discovered that I have another crumbling tooth-5th one in the last year, thanks to pregnancy hormones. I had pristine teeth pre-kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mrstrax said:
    If you want to buy into a sell-from-home pyramid scheme (ok MLMs) like It Works, Jamberry, Advocare, etc good luck, I hope you get your money back out of it but PLEASE create a separate FB page. I still want to keep up with you and your kids but I don't want to see a new before and after picture of your thighs that look exactly the same after "just one wrap" every dang day. Give me the opportunity to block all those posts without blocking you! Gah!
    I could have written this exact post.  I also want to add, that from a photographer's point of view lighting and posing has everything to do with the "before and afters" if you want to convince me, then those are crucial for me to even begin believe your pictures.
  • Jules08 said:

mrstrax said:

If you want to buy into a sell-from-home pyramid scheme (ok MLMs) like It Works, Jamberry, Advocare, etc good luck, I hope you get your money back out of it but PLEASE create a separate FB page. I still want to keep up with you and your kids but I don't want to see a new before and after picture of your thighs that look exactly the same after "just one wrap" every dang day. Give me the opportunity to block all those posts without blocking you! Gah!

I could have written this exact post.  I also want to add, that from a photographer's point of view lighting and posing has everything to do with the "before and afters" if you want to convince me, then those are crucial for me to even begin believe your pictures.

Ugh I know! I do just hobby photography and even I can see how "convenient" the lighting is. Not to mention that for me the cousin that's the one doing this had a baby in July and is working out - of course you're losing weight, that's how exercise works.
    Anniversary 
  • All three of my debit cards from two different banks were declined at Target this morning, and nobody can tell me why. I have money in my accounts, no fraud flags anywhere, my cards just feel like declining. It happened one day last week, too, when I was trying to pay my kids' lunch accounts. Ugh.
  • mojomama6 said:

All three of my debit cards from two different banks were declined at Target this morning, and nobody can tell me why. I have money in my accounts, no fraud flags anywhere, my cards just feel like declining. It happened one day last week, too, when I was trying to pay my kids' lunch accounts. Ugh.

Ugh. Will they issue new cards? Maybe they got to close to a magnet and got partially wiped. Sorry you had to deal with that!
    Anniversary 
  • mojomama6mojomama6 member
    edited September 2015
    @mrstrax That's what my husband thinks, and I'm a big jerk and am going to make him go in and request new cards for me. He knows people and can get them rush shipped free of charge, haha!
  • mojomama6 said:

@mrstrax That's what my husband thinks, and I'm a big jerk and am going to make him go in and request new cards for me. He knows people and can get them rush shipped free of charge, haha!

Hey, that's not being a jerk, it's just using the best resource available :)
    Anniversary 
  • @mojomama6 Did any of your cards expire? I was in a similar situation, and had no idea my card had expired. If not, mrstrax and DH are probably right. I've demagnetized many room keys before because they were sitting against my phone.

I'm sorry that happened :( I would have died from embarrassment.

• mrstrax said:

Yes yes yes!! I always want to comment and say "I see no change" on the pictures but the girl is crazy and I don't feel like starting a fb argument. Also she claims she's making $6,000 a month - Id love to see an actual check showing that amount or deposit into her bank account bc I doubt she's making that much.
  • @mechekitty I've totally had that happen before, but not this time. They were all issued after we had a house fire early this year, so they all have the same expiration date, several years out.
    I've also demagnetized several with my phone before, so now I keep my phone and wallet separate. But I keep picturing perching my wallet on something somewhere, and thinking I shouldn't do that. Idk if that really happened, or I just think it might have because of this incident. Haha.
    And yes, it was crazy embarrassing. Our target never has enough check stands open, so there was quite a line behind me. Why build 30 check stands if you're only going to staff three of them?
  • After finally get the bed set up at our new place, I only got to sleep in it for a few hours before I had to take my dog to the emergency clinic. They charged me $850 to tell me that my dog had gas and needed to poop, and the vet wouldn't listen to anything we told her (she's fine now, we got some fluid in her and she's acting like herself again). I can't take a hot shower in my own house until tomorrow because it'll take the gas company that long to get out here. Happy birthday to me.
  • My boss left a giant stack of notes for me to clear today before distributing a document that has to go out today (she'd had the draft since Thursday morning, just procrastinated until the weekend). Then decided to call in sick today and isn't answering emails. I would feel badly for her except that this is her MO and she has now missed 32 days of work this year (her yearly average is about 50). I'm out tomorrow for a conference, and she's out on vacation the rest of the week, so it's not like I can just send it out in the morning. Ugh!
  • mojomama6 said:

@mechekitty I've totally had that happen before, but not this time. They were all issued after we had a house fire early this year, so they all have the same expiration date, several years out.
    I've also demagnetized several with my phone before, so now I keep my phone and wallet separate. But I keep picturing perching my wallet on something somewhere, and thinking I shouldn't do that. Idk if that really happened, or I just think it might have because of this incident. Haha.
    And yes, it was crazy embarrassing. Our target never has enough check stands open, so there was quite a line behind me. Why build 30 check stands if you're only going to staff three of them?

Could it be you're supposed to get new ones with the chip? (Orr they came and maybe went missing? We've been getting new cards from for our accounts due to the new law.
  • I just discovered that I have another crumbling tooth-5th one in the last year, thanks to pregnancy hormones. I had pristine teeth pre-kids.

Me too! No cavities, no braces, NOTHING before kids. After two kids I've had 3 cavities, a crown and a cracked tooth. I cried when I first found out. I go back in October and I'm almost expecting more bad news at this point. Sorry it's happening to you too.
  • I'm pretty sure you can just "unfollow" people you don't like seeing without de-friending or blocking them. You can check up on their lives or kids periodically if you are interested in looking.
  • My 12 week appointment was today (technically still 11 weeks). The nurse struggled to take my weight and blood pressure, and then failed to find the heartbeat. (She told me it was her first day).
    I was spazzing, the doctor scolded her for even trying to find it, and then gave me pretty much a pity ultrasound.
    I'm sure everything's fine, but I didn't need the stress today!
  • AliK7151 said:

I'm pretty sure you can just "unfollow" people you don't like seeing without de-friending or blocking them. You can check up on their lives or kids periodically if you are interested in looking.

Except then every time I want to check in you still have to wade through all the sales to get to the new baby, etc.
    Anniversary