Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: Favorite Starbucks drink

lovearoolovearoo member
edited September 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
As the title suggests - What is your favorite Starbucks drink?
I think mine was actually the smores but it's so unhealthy and I'm allergic to everything in it... So now I just get a salted caramel hot chocolate made with coconut milk.
I have a theory that you can tell allot about a person by what they order when at a coffee joint - so how about it?

Eta: forgot the gtky part of my title

Re: GTKY: Favorite Starbucks drink

• I loved that s'mores frapp! I like the salted caramel hot chocolate with soy milk. Lactose intolerant over here! You can get it all year round, it's just hot chocolate with toffee nut syrup. Then when I get to work or home I put some sea salt on top. Mmmmm. I also like caramel frapps. But no extra caramel, that's just too much for me.
  • White Mocha w/ one pump cinnamon dolce....mmmmmmmmmmm

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Loading the player...
  • Shaken green tea lemonade!!
  • Skinny caramel macchiato is my go to. I love a caramel frappe in the summer and an occasional salted caramel mocha in the winter.
  • Hot: Chestnut Prailine Latte
    Cold: Peach Green Tea Lemonade
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hot: Grande vanilla latte.
    Earl grey tea latte (aka London fog)

Cold: unsweetened green tea lemonade

Basically, I'm super boring.
  • My favorite is not on menus anymore but they can still do it. It's the marble mocha. Half white chocolate, half dark chocolate mocha. I like all my coffee iced so I get it iced. And I also love the salted caramel mocha (the salt is key!)
      Anniversary

• My go to is a caramel machiatto (spelling?) or a skinny caramel machiatto if I'm being "healthy". For cold drinks I love the shaken teas, pretty much all the flavours.
  • Hot: Grande vanilla latte.
    Earl grey tea latte (aka London fog)

Cold: unsweetened green tea lemonade

Basically, I'm super boring.

Ooohh when I was drinking milk I loved the London Fog! I would make it at home all the time :)

My favorite is not on menus anymore but they can still do it. It's the marble mocha. Half white chocolate, half dark chocolate mocha. I like all my coffee iced so I get it iced. And I also love the salted caramel mocha (the salt is key!)

Ooohhh that sounds really good! Never heard of it before... I kept meaning to try the strawberry shortcake but don't know if they can make that dairy free... :(
  • Most of the time I am trying to be healthy and will just get a hot skinny vanilla latte or an iced skinny vanilla latte. If I am treating myself, I love caramel or mocha frappes with whipped cream!
  • Linsbins said:

I loved that s'mores frapp! I like the salted caramel hot chocolate with soy milk. Lactose intolerant over here! You can get it all year round, it's just hot chocolate with toffee nut syrup. Then when I get to work or home I put some sea salt on top. Mmmmm. I also like caramel frapps. But no extra caramel, that's just too much for me.

I love caramel frapps but found out I'm not only allergic to dairy, gluten, and several fruits but also COFFEE. That's right, I'm allergic to coffee. So I can only have variations of hot chocolate made with coconut milk. :(
    I mean most the time I just switched to drinking Spark anyway because coffee made me feel like shit and I couldn't figure out why... But I love the taste of coffee so much so I would still get a drink here and there. I cannot believe I live right outside Seattle and have a coffee allergy. W. T. F.
  • I try to stay away from Starbucks at all costs, but when I do go there, I like the skinny chai lattes and skinny caramel lattes.  
  • lovearoo said:

Linsbins said:

I loved that s'mores frapp! I like the salted caramel hot chocolate with soy milk. Lactose intolerant over here! You can get it all year round, it's just hot chocolate with toffee nut syrup. Then when I get to work or home I put some sea salt on top. Mmmmm. I also like caramel frapps. But no extra caramel, that's just too much for me.

I love caramel frapps but found out I'm not only allergic to dairy, gluten, and several fruits but also COFFEE. That's right, I'm allergic to coffee. So I can only have variations of hot chocolate made with coconut milk. :(
    I mean most the time I just switched to drinking Spark anyway because coffee made me feel like shit and I couldn't figure out why... But I love the taste of coffee so much so I would still get a drink here and there. I cannot believe I live right outside Seattle and have a coffee allergy. W. T. F.
    That is so sad. My condolences.

• My actual favorite coffee house drink (when I go to Peet's coffee) is a nonfat cappuccino with one pump of chocolate syrup. However, for some reason this seems to really confuse most Starbucks baristas, so at Starbucks I order a nonfat half-syrup mocha.

• No one has said a Pumpkin Spice Latte, whaaa? Lol. I like those but my go to drinks are:
    Hot: Chai Tea Latte (dirty If I'm sleepy)
    Cold: Sweetened Green Tea Lemonade
  • No one has said a Pumpkin Spice Latte, whaaa? Lol. I like those but my go to drinks are:
    Hot: Chai Tea Latte (dirty If I'm sleepy)
    Cold: Sweetened Green Tea Lemonade

@dewdropdana I can't believe I totally forgot the PSL!!! I do looove me some hot pumpkin spice latte. It's the only coffee I drink hot because the iced version sucks.
      Anniversary

• @lovearoo I highly recommend the marble mocha. Like I said you just need to ask for it. If the person is new and doesn't know just say "I know it can still be made" they usually ask someone who's been there longer. Though I've not really encountered much resistance hehe. It is a sugar bomb but then again isn't that why we go to Starbucks to begin with? Lol
      Anniversary

• My go to drinks at Starbucks is either the iced vanilla latte or the warm one depending on the weather. But my favorite drink is the peppermint mocha you can only get at Christmas!
  • A chai tea latte or a hot chocolate with raspberry syrup. Yum!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My go to is an Iced Soy Latte. I'm with you, @BVBabyHopeful, I like all my coffee iced. I'm also lactose intolerant & IMO everything else on the menu is too sweet. I'm part of the 2% of the world who, gasp, doesn't like the PSL. In turn, this time of year ticks me off. Beaches in yoga pants make the line too long in the mornings! This gold card member has needs!
  • My top three are in this order: Pumpkin Spice Latte, Salted Caramel Frappucino, and Iced White Chocolate Mocha (or 135 degree white chocolate mocha when it's cool outside).
  • I rotate depending on my mood! Listed in good for you, to might put me in a diabetic coma order: unsweetened passion tea, vanilla latte, and salted Carmel frappuccino.
  • 9 times out of 10 I will get a Grande Pike place (drip coffee). When I treat myself I get the iced skinny vanilla latte.
    I'm boring. Haha
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Saturday night UO: I totally hate Starbucks.

I'm not into sweet coffee drinks. Starbucks tends to over roast their beans and their coffee is really bitter (if it's not hidden by all the flavors/sweeteners). But give me a cold brew iced coffee from a quality roaster (Blue Bottle, Intelligentsia, Stumptown, etc.), mmmmmm heaven. Or I rotate between latte, cappucino, flat white, or just plain ol' french press when it's cold out.

Hi, I'm letyourheartbeyourguide and I'm a coffee snob. Sorry not sorry.
    LOL well..... I can concede that point. I like the drinks that are full of sugar because that's a food group for me.... But if we're talking truly good coffee itself then I would say the best coffee drinks I know of are from a little European restaurant in my town. OMG it's amazing. Wow....... Absolutely everything from that place is incredible.
    Also, there's a coffee shop on a Cherokee reservation where I used to live - their coffee is BOMB. Or Jamaica blue mountain from Jamaica or Kona coffee from Hawaii....
    I think I'm going to go have a good cry into my tea now. :((
  • Another coffee snob here. Love cappuccinos. Especially from SF, France, Italy, etc. :)

But tragically, there are no cafes within 1.5 hours of where I live, so Starbucks is our go to for coffee dates. I like the PSL and the Christmas time pepermint mocha.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• I really need to google all these drinks! The lattes, machiatos and hot chocolates sound so good but I have no clue what the first two are and I'd be afraid to ask what they were at the counter.

I'm not a coffee person and we don't have a Starbucks here but when I've either travelled to bigger cities or been at an airport that has one I try to get one of their frappacinos. They had an amazing crème brulee one last November and then I usually get the vanilla bean frap.
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm with @letyourheartbeyourguide, Starbucks coffee is the worst, it's so bitter and way overpriced. There's a local coffee shop near us that roasts their own beans so my favorite coffee from them is a good Ethiopian like Harar or yrgachef (sp). If the only option is Starbucks then I get a chai latte.

Speaking of coffee, how much caffeine do you feel comfortable consuming while ttc? I try to limit my self to 8oz of regular a day (16 rarely) and the maybe drink another 8oz of decaf.

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Iced skinny caramel macchiato :)
  • Dirty Chai (hot or cold) although I do really love those peppermint mochas at Christmas as well!!
  • Java chip frappuccino is the greatest! However, those chips add extra fat, so I usually stick with mocha. 

• I'm with @letyourheartbeyourguide, Starbucks coffee is the worst, it's so bitter and way overpriced. There's a local coffee shop near us that roasts their own beans so my favorite coffee from them is a good Ethiopian like Harar or yrgachef (sp). If the only option is Starbucks then I get a chai latte.

Speaking of coffee, how much caffeine do you feel comfortable consuming while ttc? I try to limit my self to 8oz of regular a day (16 rarely) and the maybe drink another 8oz of decaf.

To the last question, I'm not pregnant until I'm pregnant. I drink coffee/tea every day and don't worry about it. I'll cut back if/when I get KU.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I totally get those who think that Starbucks coffee sucks, but I hate the taste of coffee so I only drink it if it's really mostly hot chocolate and whipped cream, making Starbucks my go to place lol. I actually started drinking coffee by accident when I ordered a salted caramel hot chocolate but the guy gave me a mocha instead. At first I thought it was a terrible hot chocolate but once I figured out what happened I conceded that it was pretty good and now I'm hooked. I like the white chocolate and the peppermint mochas too. Although my husband says that I'm not really allowed to call those drinks coffee haha.
  • I'm a really picky eater/drinker. I've only tried two drinks at Starbucks. Vanilla bean frap and some strawberry and cream drink. I liked them both, but I prefer dunkin donuts. There I only drink a caramel iced latte.
  • I usually get an americano, a cappuccino with a pump of hazelnut, or I'll splurge with a triple grande extra hot caramel macchiato <3
  • I go to Starbucks maybe twice per year. I'll go for the pumpkin spice latte but otherwise there is better (and more affordable) coffee elsewhere!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• I usually try to stay out of Starbucks, BUT I go the occasionally and I'll usually get either:

-The Caramel or Mocha frap, unless the Caramel Ribbon Crunch one is back

-If it's winter, I'll usually get the Peppermint hot chocolate, or the Sea Salt caramel one...mmmmm...love the salt!...lol

-If it's really hot out, I'll get the Passion tea lemonade, sweetened. It's delicious!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Oh love/hate this thread since I'm such an insane caffeine addict and recently gave it up for a healthier TTC lifestyle. Favorite hot drink is a double or triple black Americano, favorite cold is a venti black iced coffee (I swear it doesn't taste as good in another size). Way too much caffeine that I really shouldn't be having for a number of reasons... Oh Starbucks how I miss you! Stupid iced herbal tea isn't the same!!!
  • Another coffee snob here. Love cappuccinos. Especially from SF, France, Italy, etc. :)

But tragically, there are no cafes within 1.5 hours of where I live, so Starbucks is our go to for coffee dates. I like the PSL and the Christmas time pepermint mocha.

That cappuccino gif looks so good. Now I really want a cappuccino! DH's and my favorite Italian restaurant (run by a family from Italy) makes the best cappuccinos. I wish they would open a coffee shop next to their restaurant lol.

• skilouiseskilouise member
    edited September 2015
    rrauws said:

I really need to google all these drinks! The lattes, machiatos and hot chocolates sound so good but I have no clue what the first two are and I'd be afraid to ask what they were at the counter.

I'm not a coffee person and we don't have a Starbucks here but when I've either travelled to bigger cities or been at an airport that has one I try to get one of their frappacinos. They had an amazing crème brulee one last November and then I usually get the vanilla bean frap.
    A latte is similar to a cappuccino, but with slightly different preparation/proportions. Both are espresso, milk, and foam. A cappuccino has espresso, less milk, and lots of foam. A latte has espresso, more milk, and just a touch of foam. As a result, a cappuccino has a stronger espresso flavor than a latte.

A machiatto at Starbucks is different from most other places. At Starbucks, is essentially a latte with caramel. Traditionally, however, it's really straight espresso that is "marked" with a touch of foam on top.

Edit: words